Author Topic: $500!!!!!!!  (Read 4223 times)

Viking Lady

$500!!!!!!!
« on: October 22, 2008, 03:09:39 pm »
I just talked to a lady with a rather new business here called You Talk Dog. They come to your house for about 3 hours (or longer if necessary) and train you to train your dog. They promise you will have a different dog when they leave. You get a CD, and a lead. And keep up the training for two weeks. You're are suppose to have a list of issues that you want addressed, as well. They say that are 100% guaranteed. I'm not going to do it because it's too expensive but what do you think of it?

lins_saving_grace

Re: $500!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2008, 04:09:02 pm »
I think if you go into getting a dog you should go into it with the attitude that the dog will listen to you.  Dogs aren't so hard to train if you always have the leader persona.  Giving in and letting bad behaviors go unmentioned will give the dog the idea that he/she is the leader of the pack.  I think a person can train their own dog if the attitude is one of pack leader from day one.
It's the same concept as the "Nanny".  people have kids and then cry to this british baby nazi because their kids are out of control.  Why are they out of control? because no one disciplined the kid and bad behaviors went unpunished.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2008, 04:10:11 pm by Lin »

Offline VdogLover

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2008, 04:10:06 pm »
The going rate here in Michigan for private in home is around 99.00 an hour.
I hope they do not think they can work the dog and you for 3+ hours in one session? IMO..That is way to much for an owner and to stressful on the dog.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2008, 04:10:55 pm by VdogLover »

Tonda

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2008, 04:24:07 pm »
Sounds ludicrous to me. If you think about how you value your own time and then put $500 worth into working with your dog, I bet you'd see results just as good (if not better) than what you'd get from 3 hours with this trainer.