Author Topic: Stinky Poo  (Read 7187 times)

lins_saving_grace

Stinky Poo
« on: October 23, 2008, 02:58:19 pm »
Not even perfume can cover that nasty, sharp and raw stink that Grace eminates. 
Tonight, while walking in the weeds by the highway, Grace foudn a nice spot and fell to the ground and proceeded to flip and flop around.  She put her little legs in the air and kicked and twisted while a happy little moan slipped passed her tongue that hung from the corner of her mouth.  This was an especially good roll because she got up and ran back to that spot where she again fell to the ground and flailed again and rolled for an extra long time. 
At my request, she bobbled home and had dinner.  About an hour later, I leaned over to scratch her back and tease her by trying to take the bone she's been working on all night when I got a wiff of something rotten.  It took most of the evening to start to stink, but it stinks.  Whatever she rolled in smells awful.  I sprayed a little perfune on her and rubbed it in and it still stinks. 
What about really stinky stuff makes a dog go so goo goo and think "Man, I really want to smell like THAT!" ?

Offline KiraNGunnersmom

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
Re: Stinky Poo
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2008, 03:06:32 pm »
EWWWW Grace!  I cant help but laugh though.  My grandparents German sheppard X would roll in cow pies in the pasture then trot home to the back door like she did something good and wanted to be rewrded for it. 
Kira- Akita
Gunner-Mastiff
cockateils-Peanut Butter & Jelly
Beta fish-Mak

AudgePadge

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2008, 03:29:07 pm »
hahahahaha!! Aw Grace! Ramses does the same thing...he specifically seeks out chicken poop, and just...has at it... Stands up, looks at me like I should want to give him a huge hug or something!so gross!

lookingfornewf

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2008, 04:35:05 pm »
Yuck!! Annie particularly likes to roll around in dead fish when we're at the river. I have to bath her to get rid of the smell.

Icerotti

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2008, 02:24:54 am »
My parents lived by the lake and thier poodle at the time loved to roll in dead gross fish  :-X :-X

Anakalia

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2008, 02:41:08 am »
That's too funny! I will never have to worry about Koby rolling in stinky stuff, he refuses to lay down outside, BUT our little foster puppy Buddy is constantly rolling around in the grass, I'm waiting for the day he comes inside covered in dog poop! lol

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
    • Be my friend on myspace!
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2008, 02:44:19 am »
Ah, "A rose by any other name would not smell as sweet."

However, our dogs don't care what it's called just as long as it smells pungent. To us, it smells foul, to them, it's perfume. Who's wrong? Well, we are the ones with the inferior noses, I suppose.
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain

EllieAndBlu

« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2008, 02:50:04 am »
hahaha... perhaps you should bottle that smell and sell it to dogs everywhere - you would make millions!

My roomie's chihuahuas... and there are 4.... LOVE to roll is nasty stuff in the yard... dead worms are personal favorites. It wouldn't be so bad but then they like to hop on your lap, get in your face and share their stank.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2008, 03:18:04 am by EllieAndBlu »

Tonda

« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2008, 03:02:25 am »
They're bringing the scent home to share with their pack. What, you don't want to run out and see if there's something to eat in the stinky spot? What's wrong with you?

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2008, 07:52:01 am »
there was a bird egg on the ground.  she went back to eat it and i wouldn't let her.