Author Topic: Attack of the Green Eyed Monster!  (Read 3676 times)

Offline Ursa

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
    • What Now!?
Attack of the Green Eyed Monster!
« on: October 28, 2008, 03:06:11 pm »
The first couple of days with the new puppy went extremely well but I can tell today that Ursa is a bit jealous.  She's had an attitude ever since I got home. 

I admit that I'm a bit surprised.  She never showed the slightest hint of jealousy towards our foster (or any other dog for that matter).  She hasn't been aggressive - it's more like she's suffering from puppy burnout! 

I'm trying to keep her routine as normal as possible which means she gets lots of one on one mom time for walks, grooming, training just like she always has.  Any other suggestions to keep her on an even keel while everyone gets used to the new family structure? 
Ruthanna - the Triplets' mom

Ursa, CGC -  11 month old Great Pyrenees
Fargo, CGC - 9 month old Newfoundland
Sadie, CGC - 8 month old Newfoundland

What Now!? - www.muttdog.us

Offline kathryn

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
Re: Attack of the Green Eyed Monster!
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2008, 03:28:23 pm »
I would say just keep doing what your doing and she should be fine soon.  I know my two can still get a little jealous of each other some days.  But it was really bad when Kaila realized the pushy little monster was staying and not just visiting.  Ursa has probably just realized that her new plush toy isn't going anywhere.  Give them both big hugs for me.
Kaila - Belgian Malinois
Shiner - Malinois x Ridgeback
Toulouse, Cayenne, Raven - DSH

Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, the Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off. We apologize for the inconvenience