Author Topic: We need healing vibes, prayers whatever it is that you do. **UPDATE**  (Read 16718 times)

Offline KiraNGunnersmom

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
Re: We need healing vibes, prayers whatever it is that you do. **UPDATE**
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2008, 02:57:11 pm »
Thank's guys.   it has been a VERY eventful day.
Kiki has spent the better part of the evening in her crate on her own accord.  She  let us put the drops in again tonight, took the antibiotic but again spit out the pain pill,  so my hubby crushed it up and  put it in some canned food.  he wouldnt let me do that with the antibiotic though,  said that it needs to be kept whole to maintain it's potency.  I have no clue if he was BSing me or telling the truth.
She was not liking the doorbell ringing so we turned off the lights and took Baileigh T-or-T,  then she(Baileigh) got sick on someone's porch,   so that cut the night really short.
Im about to call it a night and hope for a better tomorrow.
Thanks again,  you guys are the best!!
Kira- Akita
Gunner-Mastiff
cockateils-Peanut Butter & Jelly
Beta fish-Mak

Offline kathryn

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2008, 03:17:24 pm »
I missed this post earlier.  Sorry that Kira and Baileigh are feeling puny.  I hope they both feel better tomorrow.

I have pulled apart/crushed antibiotics and mixed them in with food to get my two to take them.  I haven't ever had a problem with them having a decreased potency. 

Big hugs to all of you.
Kaila - Belgian Malinois
Shiner - Malinois x Ridgeback
Toulouse, Cayenne, Raven - DSH

Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, the Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off. We apologize for the inconvenience

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2008, 04:11:02 pm »
Oh dear lord.  that sounds awful.  I would have freeked out. 
I hope Kira feels better soon.

Tonda

« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2008, 04:19:03 pm »
I have pulled apart/crushed antibiotics and mixed them in with food to get my two to take them.  I haven't ever had a problem with them having a decreased potency. 

Me too.

yellow_dog_mom

« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2008, 12:39:04 am »
{Quote}
***UPDATE******

Her Lymph nodes are swollen on that side and the head tilt  that just escalated into a serious infection because it was left untreated (new vet intern said this and made me feel lower than low for not catching it sooner)

Good Morning,
Re: "New" Intern. Keep remembering the definitive "NEW"  >:( 2 legged kids wake up with blazing fevers and horrible earaches, eye infections all the time  ::) Don't let it get to you. We know what kind of loving dog mom you are--and our opinions are the only opinions that matter  ;D 

My neighbor uses those little  ??? dog treat pouches for meds ??? She's a Vet Tech, and she said tons of their clients use the pouches. I hope Kira feels better today.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2008, 12:46:28 am by yellow_dog_mom »

Offline pitas

• Paw-meister
  • Mom! Let us out, please!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2008, 01:26:08 am »
Sorry about Kira!  I hope she is on the mend and feeling better very soon.  Sending hugs & good thoughts to all of you!

Anita & the 4 Newfies from Jersey

Offline CrazyLoveRosie

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2008, 01:32:32 am »
How is Kira feeling today? I hope the improvement continues.
Rosie - Newfoundland

lorim2

« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2008, 01:59:23 am »
Sorry you guys have had such a crappy start to the weekend.  Hopefully this morning you awake to everyone feeling much better.  Give Kira a big hug from us and let us know how she is doing!!

DenverFurKiddos

« Reply #23 on: November 01, 2008, 02:01:12 am »
Poor Kira!  I hope she's feeling better today!!!! 
P.S.  That vet intern needs a good 'ol kick in the pants!!!! :) 

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
    • Be my friend on myspace!
« Reply #24 on: November 01, 2008, 03:22:47 am »
Cripes! I would be beside myself if I woke up to my pups looking & acting like that. Kudos to you for keeping it together as much as you did.

I don't think the vet intern meant any offense by his statement. Animals can be really good about hiding infirmities because, in the wild, they would immediately lose favor with the pack if they got ill.  So, infections can be present without necessarily manifesting themselves and, thus, go "untreated".

Sounds like you need a wine-night - sick pups, sick kids, sheesh! I'm sending you good-healing vibes. You need 'em.

Hope Kira and Baleigh are both feeling better today.
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain

EllieAndBlu

« Reply #25 on: November 01, 2008, 11:40:50 am »
poor thing. Sending tons of healing vibes and hugs for a speedy recovery.

Offline KiraNGunnersmom

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 01, 2008, 12:40:12 pm »
She is doing much better today!  Her tail is wagging again and her ears are erect.  Still guarding the right side of her head,  more so from Gunner than us.
Baileigh has strep and hubs thinks he has it now too, so they went too the urgent care clinic and are on antibiotics.
My house is bleach clean though!
I got to miss the cleaning frenzy however,  I had to  work today :P  :D
Thank you again so much for the support,  you guys are the only ones who really understand what it's like to truly care for your pets as family.
Kira- Akita
Gunner-Mastiff
cockateils-Peanut Butter & Jelly
Beta fish-Mak