Author Topic: Welcome, Kelly! Maggie's New Mom!!!  (Read 14893 times)

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
Re: Welcome, Kelly! Maggie's New Mom!!!
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2009, 09:21:39 am »
She is a gorgeous girl.

Could it be when you're trying to get her out the door she's submissively peeing?  Some dogs get very nervous when you try to pull/push/shove them anywhere.  ;)  :D

Offline kkboelter

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2009, 02:31:11 am »
You know what I just realized?  All the picture I posted of Maggie show her in some silly outfit!  (hat, sweater)..she's not our little dress up doll, I promise :) Will (Fiance) says he's never seen a dog that minds less when you cover her up, put hats on her, etc. It was chrismas, what can I say  ;)  I posted one more pic too.

I think at this point the peeing is both a submissive behavior and when she is overanxious or upset.  We will try making pottying a more fun experience (special treats). Since the majority of the time we've had her has been ARTIC to her (she JOLTS back in the house!) it probably has never been fun :(  Come on spring!!

Hi Stella! The murmur was present, but they didn't find any enlargement of the heart or anything else detrimental at this point, so we were told to just monitor it at this point.  In the spring when we head to the vet I'll find out if that means annual ECGS, or biannual...?

Miss Maggie is a cuddle-bug and she thinks she's little and doesn't knock the wind out of you when she wants to be near you (or ON you)..its so cute. 
Miss Maggie Mae, 3

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2009, 06:30:37 am »
Awwwe, what a total cuddlebug.  Gunther used to be like that but has given the position over to Posey.  ;)

I just love your avatar.  She has the prettiest blue eyes.  :)

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2009, 02:41:36 pm »
Awww Maggie! I'm so glad that she is doing well and I agree, her skin looks amazing & she looks so happy.
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.