Author Topic: Why would you eat your bed?  (Read 16696 times)

Offline goldensaint723

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
Re: Why would you eat your bed?
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2008, 01:07:51 pm »
You know the other day my puppy has been so good about not destroying anything, but my shoelaces. However he was playing and I thought he was playing with his stuffed bunny and chewing on it and then I find a battery and then the back of the remote and then the remote and the other battery was on the table. This remote belongs to our cable company and it has puppy teeth marks all over it now! I was so mad at him because the whole time he was doing it he had the bunny on top of the remote so I could not see that he was destroying it.
Owned by 3 saints and a Jack Russell Terror
Cujo saint bernard
Macey saint bernard
Kodiak saint bernard
Angel Jack Russell
 River waiting at the bridge

jesday

« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2008, 04:22:12 pm »
Syrus is my shredder. There just must be something satisfying about tearing the innards out of something.

Because of joint problems my vet suggested some extra padding under them for sleeping. I thought I might be able to make some beds cheaper than buying them. Yea, right. I saved about $10 bucks total once you add in all the foam bedding and material and zippers. Hubs asked why I was going through all that when Syrus would just rip it apart anyway?

A dear friend of mine aka Yellow Dog Mom, suggested I use a fabric called rip-stop nylon to cover the foam and use regular bedding over that. Even the big guys should have a heck of a time getting through the rip stop nylon. I have yet to put them together, but I will let you know if it works. :)

Viking Lady

« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2008, 04:28:16 pm »
Thanx
I just finished stitching up the 12" rip he made today so he will have something to sleep on tonight. My next rips will be repaired with duct tape until I hear about the nylon.

Offline Berner_Mom

• Veteran Dog Chomper
  • My fur-kid, Tucker, at 16 months.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2008, 05:51:36 pm »
Tucker is bed-less tonight. (well, he'll be sleeping on towels, I won't give him nothing)  He chewed up his fourth bed (it did last the longest though!) while I was out for an hour today doing a few errands.

He's also discovered the fun thing of pulling out the carpet, one line at a time (like the unraveling of a sweater that the other poster mentioned) and gave a good go at it on the carpet in front of the door to our garage while I was putting groceries away.

AND...about 6 weeks ago, he tore up a huge spot of linoleum flooring, right down to the wood floor beneath it. How, we have no idea. It was smooth, perfect flooring, not like he got hold of a tear or something.  Oh well, hubby always wanted tile. ;)
Sarah
Mom to daughter, McKenna,
With us for 40 weeks, 1 day
Silently Born Into Eternity
on May 27, 2007

Mom to fur-kids:
Tucker, 16 months, BMD
Echo, 6 years, Siamese
Simba, 2 years, Orange Tabby
Mom to one reptile-teenager,
Trevor, 16 years, red-eared slider turtle

Viking Lady

« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2008, 06:35:56 pm »
Oh my gosh.....that's what we've talking about. We thought we found the answer to the problem with rip stop fabric but it turns out even that is destructable.

I don't know...maybe these big guys are like kids today..they don't appreciate what they have.  haha

yellow_dog_mom

« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2008, 12:39:31 am »
Hmmm....all I can say is my rip-stop is still intact. Do all of you leave extra hard bones & extra hard chew toys available to the kids?

:o I have 8 dog beds. :o 4 beds downstairs & 4 upstairs all 8 bed are still intact. My rip-stop is "outdoor grade" ??? I also layer the beds. Margaret chewed sections of velcro off one fleece cover, but didn't shred the bed.

My dogs are not crated, I work remotely (from my home office) so I'm always around. Before I go anywhere, I schedule enough time to take the girls outside to play ball until their tongues are dragging.

I'm sure NOW all 8 beds will be shredded by tomorrow, and all of BPO will be falling off their chairs and rolling down the hallways with laughter...but please no remote hexes!  :-*   
« Last Edit: November 16, 2008, 02:15:21 am by yellow_dog_mom »

Viking Lady

« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2008, 04:16:47 am »
You have WAAAAAAAAY too much energy. I haven't tried the rip stop yet. Didn't make it to the fabric store.But I read there was an "incident".

Luke won't chew on anything unless it's mine.