Author Topic: Why would you eat your bed response  (Read 16576 times)

Offline Ursa

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
    • What Now!?
Re: Why would you eat your bed response
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2008, 03:22:12 pm »
Interesting post - I admit that it's good to find out that I'm not the only one here who was born in the 60's! 

I have to admit that I'm at a loss when it comes to sewing.  My mom and sisters all love to sew and tried to teach me but I found it too boring for words!  My own dad used to tell me that I didn't have a lot of domestic talent so he taught me how to handle the yardwork, basic car stuff, and how to handle the family finances. 

My first car was a '66 Mustang btw - how I loved that car! 
Ruthanna - the Triplets' mom

Ursa, CGC -  11 month old Great Pyrenees
Fargo, CGC - 9 month old Newfoundland
Sadie, CGC - 8 month old Newfoundland

What Now!? - www.muttdog.us

Viking Lady

« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2008, 06:35:53 am »
Oh my gosh! I think I saw you "cruisin" around! Just kidding. But my best friend in San Berdoo had a little orange VW bug. Then my husband and I had one for our first car and we hauled our first baby around in the back seat.

Friends and I talk now about all the ways we did things compared to how our daughters have to raise their kids. These car seats they have to haul around weigh about fifty pounds. I honestly can't carry them without killing my back. Then they turn this way for this age, then get a new seat and turn them around. Then there's don't give them water, sleep on their back, don't use a blanket.

I'm glad I had kids before all the studies were done!!

Viking Lady

« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2008, 08:03:56 am »
It was yellow plastic but I can't remember what critters were on it. I remember if we were going to the store and my husband was driving I would just hold the baby in my lap. Now I would be arrested and have my child taken away.

I met my husband in high school in SB and then I went to SB Valley College for two years. We have been married for 37 years but, sadly, have recently separated. Still get along and everything. We have a small business (restaurant)and I think that kind of business and money stresses sometimes take their toll.

Anyhoo.......t hings are good. Grandchildren are "funner" than kids, and I have my dawg.

Viking Lady

« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2008, 11:58:58 am »
Well....tomorr ow I'm off to the fabric store. Got up this morning and Luke's bed innards were strewn all over the carport. I knew he was mad at me last night but I was keeping the grandkids and was trying to get the little human wild man to go to bed, so I didn't let him in.

Last time we went to SB to visit we couldn't see the mountains anymore cuz of the smog. It was really sad. I loved SB. In about an hour you could go to the beach or go up to the snow. (not at the same time, of course) I lived next to an orange grove and it smelled heavenly.

Viking Lady

« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2008, 04:58:47 am »
For real....I think when politcal correctness knocked on the door, common sense ran out the back door.

jesday

« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2008, 10:21:43 am »
The proper care and feeding of the human baby. Hmmm? How can we ever keep up? Always lay the baby on her back. Never lay the baby on her back. Swaddle the baby so she feels secure. Never cover a baby while she is sleeping. Introduce a little rice cereal at about 6 weeks. Never give her grains, she will develop allergies. How has the human race survived?

Day 4 and rip-stop is holding strong. I finished their beds and so far they love sleeping on them rather than chewing them.

They just couldn't stay out of trouble though. Had to dig a huge mud hole in the lawn that took all summer to come in!!

First car, baby blue Datsun B-210. Bought it new with my own money working for McDonalds. Hey $3000 was a lot of money for a high school kid. Lived in the Bay area of California. All the other kids had Datsun 240-Z's that mommy and daddy bought them. According to my mommy and daddy I would have much more appreciation for my car. Maybe...

Viking Lady

« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2008, 11:49:35 am »
I tried to get to the fabric store today to get the rip-stop and I ran out of day. I spent the morning picking up the pieces of wooden door on the barbeque outside. They evidently made a good snack sometime early this morning.

Ah...buying your own car in high school was quite a feet!! In California, when I was in high school, everyone had old cars. Jacked up in the back with mag wheels or chrome rims and BIG tires. Also had loud pipes and rebuilt engines. My boyfriend (and later, husband) and I spent alot of weekends working on his car. He had a '64 Falcon. When I moved here after a couple years of college all the young kids here had new Pontiacs, that their parents bought 'em. That's no fun!

McDonald's. I think the first one was in San Bernardino. Hamburgers were .25 and cokes were .10.