Author Topic: Eggs + Yogurt + banana + kibble???  (Read 8103 times)

Offline Berner_Mom

• Veteran Dog Chomper
  • My fur-kid, Tucker, at 16 months.
    • View Profile
Eggs + Yogurt + banana + kibble???
« on: November 13, 2008, 06:40:46 am »
My husband, bless his heart, is really getting into this raw food thing. Unfortunately, I wish he'd stick to the menu I am slowly and carefully am getting together, instead of just randomly feeding Tucker items he thinks will be "good and interesting for him."

Grrrrr!

So, this morning, hubby fed Tucker his scoops of Orijens kibble, along with: two mushed up bananas, a few spoonfuls of plain yogurt AND the yolks of 4 hard boiled eggs!

My concerns: I know others feed bananas, so that's kind of ok, but can you feed yogurt and eggs to dogs? The eggs were cooked!?!  AND it was all fed WITH kibble!!

I'm hoping to not go home at lunchtime to discover a poopy mess in my kitchen from the food not agreeing with Tucker.  If there is one (or several, LOL) I am calling hubby home from work to clean it up.

Normally Tucker just gets kibble in the morning for breakfast, and he gets his raw dinner at night.

Thanks for any advice or thoughts.
Sarah
Mom to daughter, McKenna,
With us for 40 weeks, 1 day
Silently Born Into Eternity
on May 27, 2007

Mom to fur-kids:
Tucker, 16 months, BMD
Echo, 6 years, Siamese
Simba, 2 years, Orange Tabby
Mom to one reptile-teenager,
Trevor, 16 years, red-eared slider turtle

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
    • Be my friend on myspace!
Re: Eggs + Yogurt + banana + kibble???
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2008, 07:10:30 am »
yogurt and eggs are fine for dogs. I had a rescue beagle who was incredibly thin. We used to put a raw egg in with his dog food. He soon fattened up and had a beautiful coat because of it.
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain

Offline KatysTank

• Veteran Dog Chomper
  • Mya
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2008, 08:05:48 am »
YUM! Our dogs would love that!

Offline patrick

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
    • Great Pyrenees
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2008, 02:36:35 am »
My dogs love bananas and crushed pineapple in their food will stop some dogs from eating poop believe it or not.  My dogs also love blackberries, apples, pears, peaches, tomatoes, potatoes, broccoli, carrots etc  and green salads too.  I give a huge variety of things starting from puppyhood and as a result the pups rarely have diarrhea from food cause they are used to a multitude of foods. 

Offline Berner_Mom

• Veteran Dog Chomper
  • My fur-kid, Tucker, at 16 months.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2008, 05:17:15 am »
I don't think I could stomach the idea of giving Tucker a raw egg (shell and all) and letting him have at it.  The thought DOES gross me out, but I'm also a girl who ONLY eats hard boiled eggs, and ONLY eats the whites of the hard boiled eggs because the thought of eating the whole egg (scrambled all together, or fried all together, or even eating the yolk of a hard boiled one) is too much for me.

I know the yolk part is NOT the part that becomes the baby chicken...but at the same time I just can't bring myself to eat it. YUCK!

Also- to the poster who doesn't eat ribs...I don't eat anything off the bone either.  Can't stand wings, drumsticks, ribs, t-bone steaks- ANYTHING- where I'm ripping meat off bone (and getting veins, cartilage, fat etc....too).  DOUBLE YUCK!!
Sarah
Mom to daughter, McKenna,
With us for 40 weeks, 1 day
Silently Born Into Eternity
on May 27, 2007

Mom to fur-kids:
Tucker, 16 months, BMD
Echo, 6 years, Siamese
Simba, 2 years, Orange Tabby
Mom to one reptile-teenager,
Trevor, 16 years, red-eared slider turtle

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
    • Be my friend on myspace!
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2008, 05:39:17 pm »
What about cranberries? I've seen them in the ingredients for some dog foods, and I assume their good for their urinary tract just like people. I gave a couple to the dogs tonight as I was baking something for tomorrow. They seemed...intri gued by them.
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain

yellow_dog_mom

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2008, 10:15:09 am »
Raw EGGS with the shell?

Egg SHELLS are the worst thing, ever. I'm forever warning my grandchildren to "be careful cracking" the eggs while helping with breakfast after "sleepovers"

I know we're talking about dogs, but gag, choke, I could never hand my girls an egg in shell, raw or cooked, and say "have at it" I'd be sick all day. I feel green and sick just thinking about it.

:o Idaho Shell Shock :o

I am sorry, Patty. I didn't mean to make you nauseous. If it makes you feel any better, I don't eat eggs at all, no way shape or form---unless you make it into a chocolate cake, LOL. If you can taste eggs or see eggs, it will not enter my mouth. In fact, it was the boiled egg smell along with the shell mess that made eggs an outside treat only.
I would also give them peanuts in the shell, and they would crack the shells and eat the peanuts too. So think of them as big round peanuts, LOL.
Stella

It wasn't just you Stella  :-* it was the whole raw egg/shell chatter! :o

I can do Deviled Eggs..and omelets with cheese, but soft cooked eggs are pure pond slime.

I don't know why God just didn't make egg yolks green. I guess we had to wait for Dr. Seuss to oversee that task! ;)
« Last Edit: November 16, 2008, 10:18:40 am by yellow_dog_mom »