Big Paws Only Dog Forums
August 21, 2018, 01:27:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Congratulation s Dinty the Newf You look very handsome atop the site.

The BPO Calendar is now available for purchase. For more information, see the self-titled thread.

Looking for something interesting to read? Catch up on the latest doggy news in our BPO Blog.

Home   Help Search Calendar Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Athena found a special "treat" this morning!!  (Read 3482 times)
vmimom2006
Leader of the Pack

View Profile
« on: November 14, 2008, 02:58:34 AM »

I swear this dog knows the holiday are coming. She has been extra excited here lately. Perhaps she has seen me hiding her new toys  Shocked. Anyway this morning while I'm taking a shower she has her pantyhose on my bed and is tugging away being a good girl. I get out of the shower and go to comb my hair and notice the bar of soap is missing off of the sink. I couldn't find it anywhere this morning so I must assume she has eaten it. It was one of those small one that you get in a hotel. She seems fine and I'm just waiting for the vets office to open up. Are there any other "soap eaters" out there? Never had this happen before.

Mom to:
Athena 20 month Blue Great Dane
Aurora 5 yr Blue Merle Great Dane
Baby Tux cat-RIP 6/9/09
Mandy & Millie 10 yr sisters tabbys
Wheet 9 yr black shorthair devil cat
Lucy Lu & Buckley 8 month kitties
patrick
Paw-meister

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2008, 03:28:29 AM »

It really shouldn't do any harm other than maybe an upset tummy.
lookingfornewf
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2008, 03:58:52 AM »

Clifford grabbed a full size bar of soap out of the shower and ran around the house with his prize for quite a while. Once I stopped laughing I took it away from him and warned hubby if he saw him foaming at the mouth not to worry. It didn't seem to bother him a bit.
jesday
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2008, 04:06:08 AM »

If she truly ate it you may have more surprises when you get home. Soap is a natural laxative. Grin

I'd put in a call to your vet anyway just to check.

Syrus loves my cough drops. I always leave a couple by my bed. I have to hide them now because that is the first place he heads when I let them in. Cheesy
Tonda
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2008, 04:07:07 AM »

My friend's boxer was a major soap eater. She loved it so much she'd lick the shower walls. Never seemed to hurt her. She lived to 14, eating soap every chance she got.
vmimom2006
Leader of the Pack

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2008, 04:20:34 AM »

yep, vet confirmed to be on the lookout for diarreha. (Oh goodie) She is in daycare today. Guess I better call them and give them a warning  Shocked Guess she will be clean as a whisle this afternoon!  Grin Cheesy

Mom to:
Athena 20 month Blue Great Dane
Aurora 5 yr Blue Merle Great Dane
Baby Tux cat-RIP 6/9/09
Mandy & Millie 10 yr sisters tabbys
Wheet 9 yr black shorthair devil cat
Lucy Lu & Buckley 8 month kitties
CrazyLoveRosie
Paw-meister

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2008, 01:40:39 PM »

Rosie went through a soap kick for awhile. She ate a whole bar of Irish Spring soap once. We knew something was up when we gave her chin rubs and her chin started to develop suds. She had a couple days of soft stool, but not much harm other than that. I would call the vet just to make sure though, and give them the exact type of soap she ate. Some soaps might be harsher on their system than others.

Rosie - Newfoundland
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: