Author Topic: Tomorrow is the day! Update He's Home!  (Read 11037 times)

Lyn

Tomorrow is the day! Update He's Home!
« on: November 19, 2008, 08:33:03 am »
For Demon's neuter and I'm stressing! LOL I think I need a drink. :D

I'm extra worried about him going under anesthetic since he still has one snotty nostril. I know he will be monitored closely but I'm still concerned.

There's also the possibility that he might be staying there for a couple days depending on if his URI acts up. They can give him his meds through IV. I almost aspirated him trying to give him liquid meds when his nose was completely blocked. I'm not doing that again.

So fingers crossed that the neuter goes well.. there are NO complications and the darn URI does NOT flare up. The poor guy had been through enough.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2008, 08:41:12 am by Lyn »

Lyn

Re: Tomorrow is the day!
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2008, 08:37:14 am »
I know I'm a stressed out freak when it comes to anesthetic. But I think I'm doing good this time. At least I haven't cancelled this appointment. LOL

Offline People Whisperer

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2008, 08:38:43 am »
Good luck to poor guy  :-* :-* :-*
I hope everything will be nice and easy  :-* :-* :-*
"To once own a Great Pyrenees is to love and want one always."
Mary W. Crane

I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it :)

Offline Apreston

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2008, 09:40:28 am »
AWWWWW dont fret! Everything will be fine...I know easier said than done.... But you'll see! Big hugs and kisses to Demon and sending quick and healing thoughts his way; let us know how he's feeling! XOXO  :-*  :-*

Lyn

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2008, 11:18:32 am »
Thanks everyone.

He's one of the first ones for surgery in the morning. I'll update as soon as I know anything.

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2008, 02:01:40 pm »
it'll be fine.  it's routine and simple to do.  I know it's hard not to worry, but everything will be fine.  Good Luck!!!!

Lyn

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2008, 02:09:04 am »
Well we dropped him off. I can call at 11am to find out how the surgery went. I'm nervous and barely slept a wink lastnight.  :(
« Last Edit: November 20, 2008, 02:09:29 am by Lyn »

Offline Apreston

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2008, 02:20:24 am »
Dont worry! Sending my thoughts and healing vibes your way! Let us know how he's doing!  :-*  :-*

lookingfornewf

« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2008, 05:26:07 am »
It's past 11am now. So what did you learn when you called, hope all went well.

Offline People Whisperer

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2008, 05:30:59 am »
It's 11:50 now and we are still waiting for news!  :D
"To once own a Great Pyrenees is to love and want one always."
Mary W. Crane

I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it :)

Lyn

« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2008, 02:13:05 pm »
Sorry guys I got sidetracked.  :-[

The surgery went fine! He's slightly wheezy so he's staying until Saturday so they can monitor him.  :( I'm not sure if it's a reaction to the anesthetic or if the URI is flaring up. I'll know more tomorrow.

lookingfornewf

« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2008, 02:15:33 pm »
Thanks for letting us know, I was starting to worry maybe something bad had happened. At least now the neuter police won't come and take him away. ::)

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2008, 02:16:12 pm »
Some dogs do better than others on anesthetia.  Grace doesn't do well on it.  she is out of it for days after and would prefer to wet on the carpet than get up and go outside.  Glad he's doing ok after the procedure.

Lyn

« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2008, 03:59:23 am »
Lin, Demon is my kitty. The one I adopted from the humane society. ;)

He was very slow to wake up from the anesthetic. :( They said the amount he was given he should have been waking up within minutes. Hopefully he never needs to be put under again.

It looks like his respiratory infection is coming back. They said he's really snotty and sneezing but not super congested. They put him back on Clavamox.

So it look like I can pick him up tomorrow morning unless it gets worse.

I'm also debating on whether I should seperate Demon from Louie when he comes home so he can have some peace and quiet. Louie is all about playing.. and I'm sure Demon won't be in the mood. LOL

Lyn

Re: Tomorrow is the day! Update He's Home!
« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2008, 08:46:04 am »
Demon came home Saturday. He's doing fine.. Resting in the spare room. Louie wouldn't leave him alone (tackling him trying to get him to play) so I had to seperate them. I think Louie missed his play buddy. Demon sure seems to be enjoying the peace and quiet though. LOL