Author Topic: I'm just plain outraged.  (Read 13044 times)

lins_saving_grace

I'm just plain outraged.
« on: November 24, 2008, 11:42:41 am »
So I get home from work around 4:20.  I take Grace out and there's a few inches of snow on the ground.  she loves to play in it.  I kick some in the air and she jumps to catch it.  (I know I can't baby her left leg/ACL so I let her play.  I know it's going to tear sometime.)  And tonight may be the night she tore it. she comes down from a snow ball catch and yelps and holds her leg up in the air and limps back to the door.  I call the surgical center to get an ACL assessment done soon (since she's been limping since July and no one wants to call the ACL torn.  It's 4:45.  the surgical center closes at 5.  I get put on hold.  3 minutes before 5 my phone goes dead.  they put their phone on night answer and anyone on hold gets cut off.  I call back just in case it was my fault and get the closed for the day announcement. 
OH I AM FLAMING MAD NOW!
I call another vet in town and get an appointment for Grace tomorrow at noon.  I'm done with with Great Lakes.  Unfortunately, they will be one of the only 2 places in town this vet refers ACL replacements to. 
Am I wrong to think that was the rudest thing ever? 
Grace seems ok.  She jumpped up on the bed and did a long poo walk.  She has been favoringthis leg for way too long and I want someone to make a decision on it.

jesday

Re: I'm just plain outraged.
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2008, 12:02:19 pm »
Oh Lin, I am completely on board with you on this. Not only was that one of the rudest things to do, but I so understand what the waiting is like when your baby is hurt. What's the point in waiting to fix the tear? Some surgeons want it torn all the way before they do surgery?? At least in my Sophie's case there is a logical reason but you've been waiting since July? :o

Poor Grace and poor you.

Hope tomorrow's vet gives you the referral you need and Gracy can get on the mend soon. :-*

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2008, 12:06:55 pm »
That is incredibly rude and poor business practice.  I've worked for 2 different vets and  you always have to finish with all the calls before switching over to the message center.  Doesn't matter if that means you are answering calls til 5:30............ ......you never hang up on someone on hold.  >:(

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2008, 12:14:12 pm »
I kinda thought i was reading it right.  Poor pup.  the leg is in the air.  it's busted.  i just know it.

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2008, 12:21:42 pm »
Putting someone on hold and then hanging up is rude no matter what the circumstance! I would call back and leave a message saying that you are offended
RIP former BPO

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2008, 12:48:08 pm »
i've broken a lot of ties with this place since this summer.  They couldn't seem to cure this ear infection she had this summer either.  I went to another place and they got it under control in 2 weeks.  I think I'm going to opt to go to the other surgical center on the other side of town when she has her leg done.
In a way, I'm glad this is coming.  We've been waiting and expecting this for a while now.  It'll be done and over with soon.  She's holding her little leg up pretty good now.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2008, 01:13:28 pm by Lin »

Icerotti

« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2008, 01:26:08 pm »
Putting someone on hold and then hanging up is rude no matter what the circumstance! I would call back and leave a message saying that you are offended

I agree!!! Poor Grace and poor you. That's a horrible way to be treated when one of your family members is hurt. Shame on them--there was NO excuse for that. Keeping Grace in our thoughts  :-*

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2008, 01:30:27 pm »
thank you for your support.  I've been worried sick for these last few months.  it seems ok then it doesn't seem ok.  I've had it and I told the guy on the phone tonight that I want someone to make the call and get this done NOW.  He agreed it was bad customer service and that he'd get us in before the holiday and get Grace feeling better soon.

Tonda

« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2008, 01:34:07 pm »
This is NOT acceptable. I'd call back first thing, ask to speak to the owner, and I'd tell them EXACTLY why they'd just lost me as a customer for life.

Ugh.

Sorry to hear Grace is in pain, but at least now they can do something about it. (((hugs)))

yellow_dog_mom

« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2008, 02:00:48 pm »
Furious, and rightly so >:(

I'm so sorry for Grace, and even sorrier those inconsiderate jack**es that made a bad situation, worse! :-\

Give Grace extra loves/snacks/hugs from Idaho..

Modified: At least they came through for Grace..but we still don't LIKE them. :P
« Last Edit: November 24, 2008, 02:04:03 pm by yellow_dog_mom »

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2008, 02:37:23 pm »
Thank you everyone!  Grace will appreciate your support.  I'm sure there's a possibility that it's something else other than the ACL, but I've been through this 3 other times and know the signs.  I really just want someone to look at it. Am I being paranoid?

Viking Lady

« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2008, 03:19:39 pm »
I'm sorry to hear about Grace's leg. I know it hurts both of you. I hope you can get some answers that will take care of this situation.

I do agree with you about the rude treatment. I guess it's possible that they forgot you were there but that doesn't say anything good either.

I will be thinking about you guys!!

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
    • Be my friend on myspace!
« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2008, 05:48:52 pm »
Thank you everyone!  Grace will appreciate your support.  I'm sure there's a possibility that it's something else other than the ACL, but I've been through this 3 other times and know the signs.  I really just want someone to look at it. Am I being paranoid?

You're not paranoid at all! You're a very concerned, responsible mom. We've all got your back - and Grace's leg!
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain

Offline vmimom2006

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2008, 04:29:33 am »
This is NOT acceptable. I'd call back first thing, ask to speak to the owner, and I'd tell them EXACTLY why they'd just lost me as a customer for life.

Ugh.

Sorry to hear Grace is in pain, but at least now they can do something about it. (((hugs)))

I agree!! That was wrong. Leaving her suffer for so long just doesn't make any sense to me. All the constant irritation just can't be good for her and now you have this expense at the holidays. :(. Sending healing vibs and hoping all works out well.
Mom to:
Athena 20 month Blue Great Dane
Aurora 5 yr Blue Merle Great Dane
Baby Tux cat-RIP 6/9/09
Mandy & Millie 10 yr sisters tabbys
Wheet 9 yr black shorthair devil cat
Lucy Lu & Buckley 8 month kitties

jesday

« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2008, 06:13:45 am »
Any update on Grace?  :-[