Author Topic: LED Flashers  (Read 6277 times)

Offline 2Criminals

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
LED Flashers
« on: November 26, 2008, 01:55:54 pm »
Does anyone know where to buy the little LED flashing lights that you can clip to things? I looked all over yesterday with no luck. I finally broke down and bought the heart-shaped red flashers made for pets...we lost them 10mins after getting to the park >:( The clip was still on their collars but the heart was not! I will be trying to get my money back tomorrow.

I was told you can get them at MEC, but I'm not driving into Toronto to get them ::)

Offline specialkdanemom

• Big Paw Certified
  • Sera, Shasta & Mika
    • View Profile
Re: LED Flashers
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2008, 02:07:15 pm »
I've bought one from a bike shop.
Big Dogs...got to love'em!!

Karen, mom to:
Mika (GD)
Sera (GD/Greyhound X)
Shasta (Lab/Newf X)

Appollos (GD) RIP 2001-2005

Icerotti

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2008, 02:10:05 pm »
I have one from a bike shop too. It is very sturdy and weim proof....lol (well so far)

Offline 2Criminals

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2008, 02:21:31 pm »
Hmmm, silly me never thought about the bike shop, I will try there tomorrow. I looked on the MEC website, they have the ones I want if all else fails...I am trying to avoid, as I'll go for the $5 light and come back $500 poorer from all the warm things I will want to buy ;D

These are the ones I want...

Offline paws

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2008, 02:59:30 pm »
We buy our flashers on ebay. They are called Pet Strobes. They are a little ball that you twist and they flash either red or red, white and blue. They have replaceable batteries too. We walk every night and they wear them all winter. They do break from time to time so we buy 6 at a time. I love them!

Penny
« Last Edit: November 28, 2008, 03:55:43 am by paws »

Offline 2Criminals

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2008, 10:53:09 am »
We have some that were a company give away at our most recent convention. I have a few left and I can send you one or two.  They have my company logo on them but they are good size (2.5 inches round), have the little clip and have 3 different flash modes. PM your address if you want one (or some) and I'll mail them to you. :)  They all have a red flash but the actual plastic piece comes in red, blue and yellow. Which one do you want?

They're like these: http://www.graphicice.com/index.php/action/prodspec/itemID/362341501

Thanks!! I will pm you my address and you send whatever you feel is good ;D

Offline 2Criminals

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2008, 03:22:38 pm »
Hmmm, those look pretty good, I've never seen them before. I just bought them a $30 toy that lasted an hour ::) What would be considered pricey?