Author Topic: Grandma  (Read 6330 times)

Viking Lady

Grandma
« on: December 15, 2008, 02:41:55 pm »
It has been brought to my attention that two of my grandchildren that are around 2 years old, and have tackled going up a down the stairs, are saying "ow..ow..ow..ow" with each step down.

I am taking this opportunity to claim the great influence we have as "grammas" and using it to it's best advantage. Next I will be talking to them about budgeting money so they can speak to their parents.

Offline GoofyNewfie

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
Re: Grandma
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2008, 06:11:09 pm »
Reminds me- I have 4 little cousins that like to go to the farm for work with their daddy. When one of them was 4 or 5 years old, we caught him playing with his toy tractors, which seemed to be broken or stalling in his little game, and he's cussing like a good french-canadian farm hand!!

So of course step 2 was to attempt correcting him without giggling  :D

As they say, monkey see, monkey do!
Diesel, 6 month old Newf.

jesday

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2008, 03:35:17 am »
All good points to ponder because I just found out ...

I'M GOING TO BE A GRANDMA!!!

First grandbaby for me due in July. I was convinced I would have to wait another 8-10years. I didn't think my eldest daughter, mommy to be, was all that interested in having kids, and my youngest 22, has her life all mapped out and doesn't plan on kids until after 30.

Now to make it through the baby isles without a purchase. This baby won't be spoiled by grandma, nooo. ::)

Viking Lady

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2008, 03:37:46 am »
Well.......con gratulations!!

Nothin' like it, really.

jesday

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2008, 02:32:21 pm »
Okay, maybe just one pre-baby gift. I bought a reindeer Christmas sleeper for next Christmas. Little reindeer faces with antlers on the footsies and a reindeer butt and tail on the backside. Too cute! She'll (oops Freudian slip)be 5 months old by then so of course I got the proper size.

Sorry Debbie, I didn't mean to take over your thread. But I couldn't resist the Grandma title. :-*

Viking Lady

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2008, 05:19:27 pm »
Go for it. I'm really excited for you.

The only point I was making was that they do what we do when we don't even notice what we do. Evidently I groan going down the stairs, and the newest one is that my beautiful little 1 year old granddaughter growls like me. I never knew I growled, but the rest of the family swears it's true.

jesday

« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2008, 05:40:52 am »
Too funny. When my daughter was around 2 or 3 my mom had a special cupboard in a buffet she kept her toys in when we came to visit. Jenny quickly learned where it was and made a bee line to it but it was too hard for her to open the door.

She politely came up and said, "Grandma, will you please open the damn door"? I can't imagine where she got that from. ::) :D

Viking Lady

« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2008, 10:12:17 am »
Too funny. When my daughter was around 2 or 3 my mom had a special cupboard in a buffet she kept her toys in when we came to visit. Jenny quickly learned where it was and made a bee line to it but it was too hard for her to open the door.

She politely came up and said, "Grandma, will you please open the damn door"? I can't imagine where she got that from. ::) :D
Hah! I hesitate to say that my daughter did almost the same thing. We were on a Sunday drive to Wilson Dam, which she would sometimes grow impatient with when we didn't stop. She asked where we were going and my husband said that we would stop when we got to the dam. She said "the dam what?" :-[