Author Topic: Introducing my first ever Foster Greyhound, PS_Crystal_Lite!  (Read 11756 times)

Offline Wildlonewolf

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • My Lucy Sue!!
    • View Profile
    • Windsor Cheapcycle
Introducing my first ever Foster Greyhound, PS_Crystal_Lite!
« on: August 14, 2005, 12:48:20 pm »
Hello all! I've been a busy girl lately! I almost forgot to introduce Lucy's first foster brother, 'Lite" He is such a laid-back guy! Very easy going! I know that he is an easy foster, I've had him for a week now, and it feels like he's been around forever! He's adjusted well to my schedule, 6AM - 2PM, and had learnt how to go up & down my evil, steep, wooden steps!! What a quick learner he is! (two days flat!, Lucy took 3!) I'm half in love already! (who am I kidding, eh?) I keep telling myself that I'm just a stop in his journey to find a forever home! I really do not want to fail at fostering!! He is potty trained, and hates going into his crate, but I tell him it's just until he gets to his new home. I firmly feel he would be just fine not in the crate, but it would not be fair to him to uncrate him, then his new family crates him. Same with Furniture priveliges. He does not have them here, but I keep telling him hopefully his forever family will let him!! Those sad brown eyes are always asking me!! Please? LOL What a gentleman he is. He is cat safe, unsure if he is small child safe yet but hopefully he will find his forever family soon!! Will keep every one updated!!
Renee, Lucy & Lite! ;D

Nicole

Re: Introducing my first ever Foster Greyhound, PS_Crystal_Lite!
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2005, 06:12:42 pm »
Lite is Beauuuuuuuuuuu utiful! How fun! I'm glad that he's fitting in so well!

Offline GreytGirl

• Gnawer
  • Sleepy Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2005, 06:59:53 pm »
Oh, he's GORGEOUS!
What a cute boy, and he's cat safe to boot! (What about small dogs?)

Where are you, I'm coming to adopt him, lol. 

Anyways, he sounds like the perfect man!  ;)

Offline Wildlonewolf

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • My Lucy Sue!!
    • View Profile
    • Windsor Cheapcycle
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2005, 08:23:31 pm »
Hey I'm in Windsor, On till August 31, then I move over across the river to Detroit, MI. I unsure still if he is small dog safe. The reaction from Lite so far has ranged from no reaction to I don't know if this is a cat or a dog, to hmmm I think I'm interested in this thing... (The small dog in question is my parents shitz-tzu) LOL Poor Kiko, thinks she's a big dog, but she looks like a hairy cat!
Renee, Lucy & Lite

Offline Greytmom

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2005, 08:36:49 am »
Lite is so cute I bet you already are in love and want to keep him. I helped with a foster on Sunday. The foster family had their baby's first birthday party out of town. Glen was such a sweet boy I wanted to keep him with me forever. He is now up for adoption here in the state of Victoria in Australia.
Toni

Greyhounds are great

Offline Nina

• Supreme Drooler
  • In Loving memory 12/30/05 8:30pm We miss you
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2005, 09:05:26 am »
He is a beauty!!!
Nina and Tim
Calgary, AB, Canada
Harley(Lab mix)
Dilbert(Pyr mix)At the bridge
Jolene (cat)

Icerotti

« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2005, 11:40:55 am »
Handsome boy!!!

Offline Wildlonewolf

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • My Lucy Sue!!
    • View Profile
    • Windsor Cheapcycle
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2005, 02:56:28 am »
Well it's been almost two weeks I've had this beautiful, well tempered boy! He have adjusted well to my schedule and is a greyt houseguest! I don't understand why people haven't been ringing my phone off the hook to see him! I've helped with his profile, I believe he is ready for his new home! He has no issues that I am aware of! Lucy (my dog) was timid, shy and had seperation anxiety when I got her, Lite has None of these issues. What a well behaved puppy!Should I be calling the adoption agency more to say why is he still here? (There is a waiting list for cat safe dogs they tell me) I just want this boy to have a great home, and his own mommy and/or daddy of his own!! Poor guy!!

Offline Wildlonewolf

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • My Lucy Sue!!
    • View Profile
    • Windsor Cheapcycle
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2005, 05:45:36 am »
It's been 3 weeks now. he walks around like he owns the place.... it must be a male thing!! LOL He is such a great boy. He loves his walks, his food and his toys! LOL He is starting to be my little protecter. Lets me know when he believes people are too close to the house, and if we are outside at night, he points out everyone to me. What a guy!!

Kiahpyr

« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2005, 11:04:24 am »
That's great that he gets along so well. Thanks for the update. I'm new and just read this thread. He's very handsome. My friend has a greyhound and he's such a sweetie. I can't believe how soft they are.

Offline GreytGirl

• Gnawer
  • Sleepy Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2005, 04:45:57 pm »
I can't believe you haven't cracked yet and adopted him already!  He seems great (still, I know I said that before!) and sounds like he loves you so much! 
How does Lucy react to him? (Madison could care less for the first week we had Moonshine (we started forstering him about the same time you did Lite.)  Madison really enjoys the company now, but still tells him who's boss every once in awhile.

You just wait, Lucy may have a brother after all!  ;)

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2005, 04:52:34 pm »
He looks like a very handsome boy.  If I wasn't able to get a great dane, a greyhound was my second choice.  I would still like to get one someday, but that is probably years down the road from now.

Offline Wildlonewolf

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • My Lucy Sue!!
    • View Profile
    • Windsor Cheapcycle
Re: Introducing my first ever Foster Greyhound, PS_Crystal_Lite! *UPDATED*
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2005, 09:22:15 pm »
Ah, a sad  :( day for Lucy & I, but a HAPPY  ;D  DAY for Lite. He has a new mommy and daddy!!! WOOOHOOO!!! His mommy is a vet, and he has ONE acre of fenced in yard to run and play in!! His new name is Dante! I think it suits him. They are such a nice couple, and Lite loves them. When they first met on Monday, Lite jumped up on his new mom to give her kisses!! He has never done that before. I was embarassed, but she took it in stride. That's when I knew Lite choose his new family. Good for you Lite!! We love you!!  :-*

Renee & Lucy!!

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2005, 09:30:42 pm »
Oh, that's so great to hear.  Good for you Lite, or Dante.

I love it when they get to pick out their people.

Offline Wildlonewolf

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • My Lucy Sue!!
    • View Profile
    • Windsor Cheapcycle
« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2005, 09:36:48 pm »
Oh, that's so great to hear.  Good for you Lite, or Dante.

I love it when they get to pick out their people.

So do I!!