Author Topic: Scrooge  (Read 5927 times)

Viking Lady

Scrooge
« on: December 20, 2008, 01:35:34 pm »
I resigned myself to the fact that I wasn't going to get my real tree this year due to the unusual circumstances. ( the rat eating the car, and being carless for 5 days, and the eternal rain that has turned us into a swamp) So I found a little fake one in the storage room with kinda cute fake acorns on it. I got out my lights, which were 12 feet long, realized those wouldn't work so I went store hunting for a short string. Nobody has any. I bought one with colored lights, which won't really go with my silver and white ornaments, but oh well. Got the lights on, got out the ornaments and Luke grabbed the first one I took out. I chased him to get it back just as he bit it, so I had to make sure I fished all the glass out of his mouth. I put him outside to eat and he stormed in as soon as I opened the door and now I have distinct muddy pawprints all across the den carpet.

Tonight, in about 2 hours, I am keeping the grandbabies so everyone can go to our employee Christmas party. I chose to babysit rather than get out in this weather. Plus, all our employees are young people and I am too mother henny.

Well, hope you guys had a nice day!

Offline Ursa

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
    • What Now!?
Re: Scrooge
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2008, 01:53:43 pm »
The muddy paw prints just add to the Xmas ambience  :)  After all, don't polar bears live at the Pole and isn't Luke just a short polar bear?

We weren't going to put up a tree this year either because we were worried about all of the puppy damage.  My SO wanted one though and I must say that it put me more in the Christmas mood.
Ruthanna - the Triplets' mom

Ursa, CGC -  11 month old Great Pyrenees
Fargo, CGC - 9 month old Newfoundland
Sadie, CGC - 8 month old Newfoundland

What Now!? - www.muttdog.us

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2008, 02:20:24 pm »
it's almost sweet that they want to be part of decorating too.

Viking Lady

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2008, 02:26:18 pm »
You are forever the big hearted, eternal optimist.  :-*

Offline Mastihound

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2008, 04:15:44 am »
I did not want to put up a tree either.  Between the dogs and both cats I told Smitty that poor tree would not stand a chance.  So he procceded to talk me into it and I finally gave in.  So we go out and buy a brand new tree. And we start setting it up, so of course everyone that is furry in our house is in the livingroom observing and or supervising and trying to help. Smitty goes to the garage to get another box of ornaments and I left the room for a second.  When I come back around the corner what do I find????  Morpheus is hikeing his leg on the chrstmas tree in my livingroom.  I start to yell at him and he gives me this look like "MOM you are the one that put a tree in the house!!!"  ??? ??? ::)  Oh well ya gotta love em.  Merry Christmas Everyone.
Morpheus Mastidane 1 yr

A. J. Keeshound  3 yr

Dogs are really people with short legs in fur coats

"No one appreciates the very special genius of your conversation as the dog does." - Christopher Morley

"The average dog is a nicer person than the average person." - Andrew A. Rooney

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2008, 04:49:51 am »
this is my second year without a tree.  I simply don't have room for one and i do hate decorating them and undecorating them.  If i ever do have a bigger place and want to decorate, Grace will probably freek.  she hasn't seen a tree in 3 years.  The last year I was married, we didn't do more than a tiny tree on a speaker.  My ex was spending the holiday with his girlfriend and I was in no mood to do all the work for the holidays while he was in jail.  Kinda put a damper on XMas.  But one day, I'll go all out.  Besides, I have my little reindeer to remind me of all the things about Xmas.

Viking Lady

« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2008, 06:08:08 am »
Well now I feel kind of silly for whining. I shall move on and finish my preparations for the holiday! Which means I need to finish my shopping and do all the baking today and tomorrow. Then I will have an evening to relax before company comes.

Offline Mastihound

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2008, 07:07:13 am »
Will do Holly.  He is such a big goof.  Hugs to the Load from me too OK??    Sorry to Thread Jack.

Carrie
Morpheus Mastidane 1 yr

A. J. Keeshound  3 yr

Dogs are really people with short legs in fur coats

"No one appreciates the very special genius of your conversation as the dog does." - Christopher Morley

"The average dog is a nicer person than the average person." - Andrew A. Rooney