Author Topic: Not a good morning at Casa del Puppy!  (Read 4849 times)

Offline Ursa

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
    • What Now!?
Not a good morning at Casa del Puppy!
« on: December 26, 2008, 04:39:18 am »
The kids must know that Santa has come and gone so they can take a break from being good!

Already this morning they've dug two holes out back, chewed on some of the coffee table trim and peed on the back porch!

Little monsters!
Ruthanna - the Triplets' mom

Ursa, CGC -  11 month old Great Pyrenees
Fargo, CGC - 9 month old Newfoundland
Sadie, CGC - 8 month old Newfoundland

What Now!? - www.muttdog.us

Offline CrazyLoveRosie

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
Re: Not a good morning at Casa del Puppy!
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2008, 05:20:09 am »
Perhaps they figured they were already on the 'Nice' list this year, and evaluations for the 'Nice' list for 2009 don't start until the new year.
Rosie - Newfoundland

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
    • Be my friend on myspace!
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2008, 02:54:18 am »
Add mine to the naughty list. Derby stole a pan of my homemade german kuchen (a pie/fruit custard dish that's a family tradition) this morning and Kentucky got my frosting spatula and chewed the end of it.
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2008, 10:46:40 am »
I am German. The recipe has been in my family for over 100 years. Aaron loves it. He wants me to open up a Kuchen bakery.
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2008, 02:29:16 pm »
mine is a kind of bread-like crust with custard and fruit in the middle. I've made cherry, peach, apple, strawberry, blackberry and cranberry-orange and I tried a chocolate last week. I also tried making individual ones last week in a muffin pan and they turned out really good.

I didn't like the blackberry, but everything else has been really good. My dad only makes cherry and peach so that's what I grew up on, but I've enjoyed varying it up and trying new things.

It's so cool that you know what it is - you're the first person I know who has ever heard of it.