Author Topic: OK Who's ready to get organized?  (Read 11780 times)

Viking Lady

OK Who's ready to get organized?
« on: January 03, 2009, 04:24:23 am »
Gotta go get new file boxes and supplies for the new year. I usually look forward to getting new stuff and putting everything in order. This year I'm struggling and need a pep talk. Mom burned the black eyed peas the other day and I am finally taking down the tree today which puts us in two bad luck categories already.

Viking Lady

Re: OK Who's ready to get organized?
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2009, 05:00:18 am »
Hey!! I'm the one that needs help down here! Both of you come and I'll take down the tree.

Viking Lady

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2009, 05:24:18 am »
hehe......your pantry is hilarious. But it's also my fantasy. I love everything in it's place and seeing what everything is so I don't have to shuffle things around.

My husband was a hoarder of everything. It used to make me physically feel bad sometimes, because I could never put everything away.

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2009, 10:05:31 am »
I love to organize, unfortunately I never get around to it in my own house......... .....lol.  Forget about cleaning!  ::)  ::)

But I am like Holly......... when things get out of control I don't know what to do or where to start.  Unfortunately, my house is now beyond disorganized.  Its a real stressor for me as i have mild OCD and it drives me nuts!!  But I can't do anything with it b/c hubby won't let me throw anything out.........ev en if it's food way past the expiration date!!  >:(  >:( (although I've been sneaking things out here and there recently)

So I am doomed to live in a pile of clutter, but keep the laundry and chemical rooms at work spic and span.......... .lol. (can't really keep the dog areas neat........lo l)  ::)

Viking Lady

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2009, 12:24:21 pm »
OK..I got my BIC mechanical pencils, 2 permanent markers, file folders,my PILOT Precise rolling ball, -only -one- I- can- use-, pen to do payroll, paper, black ink for the printer. Got Luke a Nyla bone, which someone recommended, and he already lost, buried, or ate it. Took down the tree and put away ornaments. The only think left of Christmas is the wet lights and bow on the lamp post, and half of a poinsetta. And some nice memories.

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2009, 01:33:46 pm »
wow, now THAT is what I call a pantry!!
I miss our "pantry" in Ca, it was a huge cabinet.  Our "pantry" here is a much smaller cabinet that I'm afraid of overstocking and breaking the shelving...... ........lol.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2009, 02:29:34 pm by ZooCrew »

Offline Ursa

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
    • What Now!?
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2009, 01:42:28 pm »
OMG!  If you all saw my pantry you'd die!  I keep my house very tidy but my closets are a disaster zone!  There will never be matching blue containers WITH labels for me!

And what is my first project for the year gonna be?  Organizing the dogs' room.  Maybe followed by the garage.  Closets?  Not even close to the top of the list!
Ruthanna - the Triplets' mom

Ursa, CGC -  11 month old Great Pyrenees
Fargo, CGC - 9 month old Newfoundland
Sadie, CGC - 8 month old Newfoundland

What Now!? - www.muttdog.us

Viking Lady

« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2009, 01:54:33 pm »
I want a pantry to organize. Well, actually, I want a little cottage again with a pantry.

Offline CrazyLoveRosie

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2009, 02:16:56 pm »
That was one crazy clean, organized pantry! I thought I was organized, but I'm starting to think not.
Rosie - Newfoundland

Offline Ursa

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
    • What Now!?
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2009, 03:22:55 pm »
Debbie - I can't help but notice that Luke is attempting to help you clean up.  When he's done at your place can you send him over here?

Viking Lady

« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2009, 03:24:49 pm »
I'll call him a cab. He just ate part of my shoe.

Offline Ursa

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
    • What Now!?
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2009, 03:26:56 pm »
 :D

Aaahhhh - but I have fluffy Newfoundlands to chew on and a pretty Pyr girl to flirt with.  He'll be good as gold over here!

Viking Lady

« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2009, 03:39:46 pm »
Do you have a big house? I am so in awe of you guys that have 2 or 3 big dogs. Everyone appears to have their wits about them. I would love to get a pal for Luke but I need to learn how you all do it.

Offline Ursa

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
    • What Now!?
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2009, 04:13:46 pm »
My house isn't that big.  About 2700 sq ft if you count the upstairs (the dogs aren't allowed up here so we won't factor it in for big paw purposes). 

What makes it manageable for us is a strict routine and a dog sitter.  If our dogs didn't get to go outside several times during the workday they'd have so much pent up energy that we wouldn't have a house left! 

The fact that we're willing to give up any hint of a social life until everyone makes it through advanced obedience doesn't hurt either.  :)

Viking Lady

« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2009, 04:28:08 pm »
I am trying to get into a position to turn my book keeping for the business over to my daughter. I keep telling myself that will give me more time to devote to things I really like. That's one of the reasons I am trying to get inspired to get organized. Like right now I should be working on W2's but I don't wanna. I have always had a pretty stuctured lifestyle and I am ready to be more spontaneous. Luke is a great influence in that regard. I'm ready for a dog's life!!