Author Topic: Gotta love the Hubs!  (Read 11946 times)

jesday

Gotta love the Hubs!
« on: January 04, 2009, 06:35:13 am »
Anyone catching a glimpse of the news probably knows Spokane has shattered all records concerning snowfall this year.

We are faring well up on our mountain thanks to neighbors with heavy equipment, but I looked out our window the other day and saw a doe and her baby struggling just to walk through the snow. I immediately thought how in the world are they going to reach any food source? The snow levels are impossible to dig through.

I spent all morning trying to talk myself out of feeding them. Once we start it will be our obligation to continue through the whole season. Hubs will never go for it. I can't save all the deer. Circle of life. Blah blah blah. I even solicited help from a certain Yellow Dog Mom who was NO HELP AT ALL!

I spent the rest of the afternoon thinking of ways to convince hubs we should feed them. Conjured up tears, practiced batting seductive eyes, talked in stern voice to just demand we will do this.

I hear his truck pull up and I'm all set. I'm waiting - waiting - he's not coming in. Finally go out to see what's taking him. I have an important announcement after  all.

He looks up and says, "I'll be in in a moment. I want to unload this 150lbs of deer feed."

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Seems he had seen a couple of deer flat out on their stomachs on a bank trying to dig through some snow to reach a little branch sticking out on his way home from work. He made a bee-line to the feed store. :D

As my subject states, gotta love the hubs. :-* :-*

lorim2

Re: Gotta love the Hubs!
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2009, 06:42:28 am »
Tell your hubs  hes my hero ;)

KBNewf

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2009, 07:48:07 am »
HUGE POINTS for the hubs!!!!!!! :) :) :)

Viking Lady

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2009, 07:53:58 am »
He's a sweet man. Sure is pretty up on your mountain,

Viking Lady

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2009, 08:33:18 am »
Wow Elizabeth. You are a lucky duck!

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2009, 08:47:03 am »
Awwwwe, mucho points for hubby!  You are a lucky woman to have such a sensitive, understanding and humanitarian husband.  I know mine would never go out and do that.  :P

jesday

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2009, 08:59:20 am »
Wow Elizabeth. You are a lucky duck!

I'll have to remember this next time I'm picking up his man panties (he hates it when I call them man panties :D)from the floor in front of the dirty clothes hamper. ;)

jesday

« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2009, 09:00:33 am »

I spent all morning trying to talk myself out of feeding them. Once we start it will be our obligation to continue through the whole season. Hubs will never go for it. I can't save all the deer. Circle of life. Blah blah blah. I even solicited help from a certain Yellow Dog Mom who was NO HELP AT ALL!

Now Miss Lizzy ~ you know very well that *we* are two of a animal loving kind ~ and you also knew very well that I would say *feed the deer, starve the humans*

Fellow BPOs ~ Elizabeth was as excited as a little kid on Christmas when Jack came home with the deer food. She was literally bubbling with happiness.

..and as an FYI.."this prince named Hubby Jack" is the nicest, funniest, most thoughtful, wonderful husband and he treats Elizabeth like a queen ~ just as he should ~ and he is handsome on top of all those other qualities ~ think :-* Jimmy Buffet  :-*

I knew you would tell me to feed the deer.  ;)

Love you Miss Patty :-*

Offline Ursa

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
    • What Now!?
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2009, 09:03:36 am »
You're right - what a great guy!! 

Don't they ALL leave their man panties on the floor next to the hamper??????
Ruthanna - the Triplets' mom

Ursa, CGC -  11 month old Great Pyrenees
Fargo, CGC - 9 month old Newfoundland
Sadie, CGC - 8 month old Newfoundland

What Now!? - www.muttdog.us

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
    • Be my friend on myspace!
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2009, 10:51:52 am »
Jack gets 2009's first BPO vote for Husband of the Year!
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain

DenverFurKiddos

« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2009, 11:36:44 am »
Awww!!!!   That makes me tear up!!!!!  Talk about a deep-to-the-core good man!  Sound like a wonderful match!

Plus, I'm not even 30 yet (I turn 30 in March and will attest to STILL being in my 20's....well, probably for a couple more years ;D), and I have a huge crush on Jimmy Buffet.  I think my hubby will look like him at some point in life, and can't wait till we just retire in some beachside town and chill!   

KBNewf

« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2009, 01:06:08 pm »
You're right - what a great guy!! 

Don't they ALL leave their man panties on the floor next to the hamper??????

LOL how about "manties"????? I swear Jeff never changes them. Don't tell him I said that

jesday

« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2009, 03:16:44 pm »
Oooh, I love the 'manties' I'll have to try that one on for size. Well, not literally. Here's a picture of my Jimmy Buffet. Or should I say Jamaican Jack. :D

Offline Gevaudan_Jo

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2009, 03:29:51 pm »
Awww, your husband is super sweet. what a softy
Jodi & Darcy
Proud Parents of
Zero-Bull Terrier
Jigsaw-Bull Terrier
Repo- Jigsaw's baby Bull Terrier
Reba-Chinese Crested
Pavi-Xolo
Simba,Sabbath,Kimahri, Lil' Meow & Slimon-Cats
Robin the hermit crab and the 8 legged freak, Webley!
~ waiting at the bridge, Zeus and Memphis, great danes ~

yellow_dog_mom

« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2009, 03:41:08 pm »
Oooh, I love the 'manties' I'll have to try that one on for size. Well, not literally. Here's a picture of my Jimmy Buffet. Or should I say Jamaican Jack. :D

I hope Jack doesn't mind all the  :-* publicity! :-* and *husband of the year* should get some special deer feed. ;)

The most ironic thing about Mr Jimmy Jack Buffet Dayley..is that I had him pegged the *Jimmy Buffet* type before I ever saw a picture of the man. I heard Jack talk on a video ~ and just intuition ~ for some reason the JB image just fit.

Elizabeth & I truly believe we were/are sisters in a previous life. BPOs would be astounded by the  :o similarities :o it's rather unnerving at times. ;)  :D  ;D

I'm a huge Buffet Fan 8) have been since the 70's (1970s, not 1870s)

:-* Love you too Lizzy ~ but you know that :-*
« Last Edit: January 04, 2009, 03:44:33 pm by yellow_dog_mom »