Author Topic: Another Murphy update!  (Read 7488 times)

Offline swebb

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
Another Murphy update!
« on: January 08, 2009, 04:37:10 am »
Since switching him over to Eagle Pack Holistic food, his weight has been on a steady increase and he looks much better (not too thin, very shiney coat, etc.) . 

He just turned 6 months and is 26 inches tall and 82 lbs. (not sure where he stands in terms of big or small for his age) 

Getting a newf was one of the best things I have ever done!  He is absolutely awesome!

Tonda

Re: Another Murphy update!
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2009, 04:50:28 am »
So glad to hear the new food is working out for you and Murphy. I'm really happy with how my pups are doing on it too.

I'd say he's right on target to be a perfect size Newf.

AudgePadge

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2009, 05:44:59 am »
Since switching him over to Eagle Pack Holistic food, his weight has been on a steady increase and he looks much better (not too thin, very shiney coat, etc.) . 

He just turned 6 months and is 26 inches tall and 82 lbs. (not sure where he stands in terms of big or small for his age) 

Getting a newf was one of the best things I have ever done!  He is absolutely awesome!

I think we all need some pictures  ;D

Offline swebb

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2009, 05:15:40 am »
Still working on the pictures :)

We took him to his vet appointment this morning and he has grown nearly .75" in a week!!!!

I don't think I measured incorrectly before, but that seems like ton.

His weight is now (from the vet) 86 lbs and nearly 27".

Offline NewfFan

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2009, 05:34:12 am »
I'm glad to hear you are loving Newf ownership. Murphy is super cute. I just got my first Newf (well he doesn't come home until the middle of Feb.)
Were you having problems with Murphys weight? I'm looking into what I should start Gilligan on when he gets home. I was suggested the Eagle Pack puppy food for giant breeds.
-Chantel-
Owned by:
Daisy, AKC Black Lab
Max 3 year old AQHA gelding

Offline swebb

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2009, 07:27:21 am »
I'm glad to hear you are loving Newf ownership. Murphy is super cute. I just got my first Newf (well he doesn't come home until the middle of Feb.)
Were you having problems with Murphys weight? I'm looking into what I should start Gilligan on when he gets home. I was suggested the Eagle Pack puppy food for giant breeds.

Murphy was on Pro Plan when we picked him up, and was doing fine on it until he really started growing.  It seemed like no matter how much I fed him, or how often (4 times per day).  He always seemed way too ribby.  We changed him to the Eagle Pack giant puppy and he began to gain weight at a steady pace again.  Now he is on their Holistic adult formula for giant breeds and he is doing very well. 

AudgePadge

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2009, 07:39:48 am »
omg...why is he so stinkin cute?!?!...
PICTURES!!!! ;D

Offline swebb

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2009, 02:26:03 am »
Here he is flying!!!

A couple more......

Here he is just chillin'
http://quicklx.stangnet.com/images/Dogs/Murphy%20Christmas%20010.jpg

And here's one of him and his girl friend (9 month old Husky). LOL
http://quicklx.stangnet.com/images/Dogs/Murphy%20Christmas%20007.jpg

Offline NewfFan

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2009, 03:05:36 am »
I want to take Murphy and snuggle him!
Thank you for the food info. My pup will be on the Pro Plan when I pick him up too!
-Chantel-
Owned by:
Daisy, AKC Black Lab
Max 3 year old AQHA gelding