« Last Edit: September 22, 2009, 10:09:35 am by 2Criminals »

Offline Apreston

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
Re: MSM
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2009, 07:57:21 am »
HERE LET ME HELP YOU DECIDE
MASTIFF!!!

And then let me win you over with really cute pictures...
« Last Edit: January 08, 2009, 08:01:24 am by Apreston »

Offline Apreston

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2009, 08:19:12 am »
Ok back to topic:
Titan has a mild case of HD. We use a Glucosamine/MSM combo. Our brand comes from the vet. I have noticed a HUGE difference in him since we started. I tried a lot of other pet supplier brands and I did not find they made a difference for him. I often wonder if I went to a human formula if that would make a difference?? I would like to start him on MSM in conjunction with these pills to see if that would make any more of a difference. Stella do you use a human greade from the pharmacy/health food store?
The way I figure the more "lube" between the joints the better. We also do accupunture and chiro treatments every six months.
Good luck with your babes!

Offline Apreston

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2009, 08:21:08 am »
Thanks for asking that MSM question ~ I wondered the same thing.

BTW ~ WHY must you keep "out_cute_ing" the 2criminals avatar? ???

You don't fool me for a second..you're counting the days until one of these floppy faced dogs shows up on my avatar~ in the form of a puppyface. ::)  :-\

You throw the bait with every new picture. Don't pretend otherwise. It's really quite mean. I have zero will :-* power.  ;)

??!!??!! :o Mastiff/Dane/Mastiff/Dane/Mastiff/Dane/Mastiff/Dane/Mastiff??!!??  :o ??!!??!! 

DANE!!!

Stella

Ok I must have a dane now!!!! This thread IS Evil!!!

Offline Apreston

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2009, 08:58:51 am »
Quote from: yellow_dog_mom
 ??? Aghhhhh ~ how many dogs can I feed?  :-*

;) oh yeahhhhh ~ just one more little tiny puppy. :-*
[/quote

JUST an FYI they dont stay TINY forever...that s the sad part but its so mush more rewarding to hug a big guy!!

Offline Apreston

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2009, 06:32:46 am »
I believe now I NEED a Dane!! Those are too cute Julie!

I have Titan on Cosequin rigt now. A bit pricy but my God did I see a difference. Also on those days he plays a bit to hard with his Girlfriend I throw an extra one on his food and notice he is walking a bit more easily within a couple of hours. To me it almost works as an anti-imflamatory with out the side effects of long term use.I go through 1 bottle every 3 months.

Good luck I know we have had it since we started!!

Hahahha Thanks!

Does Titan have hip issues or do you have him on it as a preventative? Can it be used as a preventative or is that a waste? I don't think Gweck has hip issues but after a romp at the park he is definitely sore and grouchy.

Titan has mild HD in his right hip. After a long romp he swings his leg out more and does not lay on it; I can tell he might be tender. So We started with the cosequin as well as accupunture and chiro treatments. He is almost 100% but the winter seams to have him a little down and out the cold stiffs him up! As well he still has growth spurts so his hip bugs him during that time as well. But without the cosequin it looks like it really bothers him. Good Luck...let me know if you find it cheeper than 100 bucks a bottle!!  ;)

Offline navarre1316

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2009, 06:19:33 pm »
I had Navarre on Synovi G3 and it worked wonders for him.  I think you can get it in powder form and its cheaper that way.  I started Issy on PhyCox (?), it's kind of one step up from G3 I haven't looked it up online yet to see if I can find it any cheaper, it's like $40 for 120 chewable tablets.
God placed me on this earth to accomplish certain tasks...I'm so far behind I'll never die!!

Navarre: GSD 9/13/99-5/14/06 patiently waiting
Issabeaux: GSD 1/27/07
Daphne: Boxer
Stone: Siamese mix

DenverFurKiddos

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2009, 01:54:33 am »
I started Issy on PhyCox (?), it's kind of one step up from G3 I haven't looked it up online yet to see if I can find it any cheaper, it's like $40 for 120 chewable tablets.

Winston and Champ are also on Phycox-JS (since Winston was diagnosed with HD and ED).  $40 for 120 is the best price that I've found- but you have to buy it online....my vet sells it for double that!