Author Topic: New family members!  (Read 15875 times)

Offline vmimom2006

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
Re: New family members!
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2009, 05:28:24 am »
I had a very large red tailed boa (Ramboa), he was 7 ft long so needless to say we had rats but never got to know them if you know what I mean.
Mom to:
Athena 20 month Blue Great Dane
Aurora 5 yr Blue Merle Great Dane
Baby Tux cat-RIP 6/9/09
Mandy & Millie 10 yr sisters tabbys
Wheet 9 yr black shorthair devil cat
Lucy Lu & Buckley 8 month kitties

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2009, 06:56:40 am »
I had a very large red tailed boa (Ramboa), he was 7 ft long so needless to say we had rats but never got to know them if you know what I mean.

LOL........... yeah I belong to a reptile forum and most of them have rats but not as pets.  ::)

as for the harnesses, they sell them at most pet stores.  I got mine at Petsmart.  But they probably wouldn't fit a female.  Mine are oversized, overstuffed males (think large softballs) and I still had to cut off the extra material on the fasteners.

But they do love going outside, even if it does mess with their allergies a bit (gives them bloody noses if out too long).  I can't really let them out in the house b/c of the dogs and that they get into too much stuff.  I  have the giant plastic balls for them which they go in when I clean the cage but they are lazy and even if they are in the balls for hours they don't move more than an inch.......... ....lol.  ::)  They also have a wheel in their cage but prefer to sleep in it rather than use it.  :P  But I guess the males are more lazy than females.

I can tell you that my next ones if I get hairless it will be females....... ...lol.  I don't need to see all their male parts hanging around.  ::) ::)

But they have it made.  I bought them a huge ferret cage about 6 mo after I got them to replace the 20L tank I had them in.  At least they get some exercise going up and down the multifloors.  :D

and b/c I never get to post pix of my rats (b/c most people think they're icky......lol) I'll post a few more:

But yeah, I want to see pix of the nakies!
« Last Edit: January 09, 2009, 07:00:37 am by ZooCrew »

Offline Leah...

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2009, 10:41:50 am »
OH. MY. GOSH. Your rats are adorable!!! Charlotte looks a lot like your tan one, but she may be more grayish. Having three lean, active females I can definitely tell you my next will be males. They just look so squishable!  :-* The differences in personalities between the genders is so drastic, too! I've seen those ferret harnesses, but I know my little petite girls won't fit. I could probably put all three in one.  :P I took a bunch of pictures of them eating yogurt this morning, and I will TOTALLY post them as soon as I upload.

MORE RATTY PICS! MORE RATTY PIX! MORE RATTY PIX!
Leah
Mom to:
Sky- Australian Shepherd
Sammie- Newfoundland/Border Collie mix
Rose- Tortie/Tabby cat
Stinky- Silver Marten rabbit
Ruby, Mambo and Charlotte- Rats
Trevor- Frog
13 Millipedes
NO LONGER WITH US
Bailey the Wolf-Dog 1998-2007
Spanky- Rabbit 2000-2007