Author Topic: Facebook  (Read 3231 times)

lins_saving_grace

Facebook
« on: January 16, 2009, 11:32:49 am »
Ok...I really like Facebook.  It's fun to see the faces you remember as a kid from whatever school you went to.  I've talked to a lot of people i went to high school with and known along the way here and there.   I like seeing how they've changed and see what they're doing in life. 
But....  there's always a but... last night I searched a name of a girl I hung out with when I was 10 and 11 in West Virginia.  The city was different, but I figured she moved from her hometown.  I sent her a message and asked if she was the same person I knew then in that city.  it's been 28 years since I've talked to this person, but she looked like she could be the same as my childhood friend.  I got an email from her today and she said she had lived in that city once, but in the 80's after I moved away.  She wasn't the same person.  The girl with the same name she had heard was killed in a car accident about 12 years ago. 
How sad. Finding people is a lot of fun.  This was the downer part.

Viking Lady

Re: Facebook
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2009, 08:33:28 pm »
This doesn't involve Facebook but I know what you mean about the bad news. The last two times we traveled home to San Bernardino we found that we had lost friends. It's so hard to accept when you still feel relatively young. Since we were teens in the 60's, and in California, we have lost a number of friends to drug related deaths and Viet Nam. It was hard to go home sometimes.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2009, 08:43:16 pm by Viking Lady »