Author Topic: Any BPOers in Oceanside? Craig needs a playmate!  (Read 32593 times)

Offline Teamshredit

• Big Paw Certified
  • Aspen having fun near Mammoth Lakes
    • View Profile
Any BPOers in Oceanside? Craig needs a playmate!
« on: January 16, 2009, 11:36:12 am »
We're looking for a large/giant breed friend for Craig that doesn't mind letting it all out when he/she plays.
He's not a giant...26" and 90-95lbs, but he likes to run, chase and wrestle without holding back. We usually have to leave the dogpark because he tends to offend and scare dogs that are smaller(so far mostly pit bulls). I feel badly for Craig because he can't take a hint and ends up being "annoying". He tends to gravitate toward boxers, rottweilers, rhodesians...t ougher breeds that can wrestle.
Today he almost got into a fight with a pit who was guarding his owner and I'm afraid we won't be able to go to our park anymore. :-\
Not sure what I can do for him.
So anyway...North County? Anyone?
« Last Edit: January 16, 2009, 11:48:30 am by Craig's Momma »
Zane - St Bernard/Shepherd mix
Aspen - Pyr/Malamute mix
Craig - Our Ridgie, has gone over the Rainbow Bridge

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
Re: Any BPOers in Oceanside? Craig needs a playmate!
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2009, 11:44:26 am »
Well, if this had been 2 yrs ago........we were living in Oceanside..... ...lol.  I would have loved to have a meet n greet.

But alas, I'm back in the midwest now and don't think I could make it for a playdate.  ;)

Offline Teamshredit

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2009, 12:48:38 pm »
Bummer! I do remember you saying you used to live here...I'm beginning to suspect I'm the only one.

I could post a personal ad for Craig on Craigslist! Hahahaha!
Aspen - Pyr/Malamute mix

Tonda

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2009, 02:09:41 pm »
You could check meetup.com for some kind of large breed club day. I joined the Great Dane Owners club in N. California so my pups could be around size-appropriate dogs.

Offline Teamshredit

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2009, 01:52:49 pm »
Ha! That would be awesome! It's actually something I would like to do down the road, but apartment life with two big dogs...that wouldn't fly with my man. Or the dogs.  ;)
Apple Valley? We're sort of headed up your way tomorrow.
Craig gets to go hiking at Big Bear!

Thanks for all the responses...I may just have to start a meetup here.
Aspen - Pyr/Malamute mix

AudgePadge

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2009, 03:45:46 pm »
We're in OC/Corona area...off the 15 and 91.  I'm probably the closest to...we could probably make a day trip down there!  ;D  The boys would love it!

Offline PyrPack

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2009, 10:35:23 am »
I'm in Vista and regularly take my 2 pyrs to the Humane Society dog park, but I don't know if we can help.  Xena is snotty for the first 10 minutes there, and growls at any dog that comes near.  It takes a least 20 minutes before she'll play, but she sometimes does better when fewer dogs are there.  Achilles is usually taller than any of the other dogs, but is indifferent to the large dogs.  He focuses on the smallest dog there and will try to play with it.

I usually go late Sunday afternoon, though this week I'll be going on Saturday. 

Offline Teamshredit

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2009, 12:23:42 pm »
How funny, I haven't been on here in a month and you responded today...good timing.   :D
Things have been better for Craig at the Humane Society park...I take him most mornings and he's been playing with same dogs.
I must have seen you and your pack before. There aren't too many pyrs around the area. Now that more people know Craig isn't a mean dog I will most likely take him on Sundays as well, so I will see you guys there!
Aspen - Pyr/Malamute mix