Author Topic: Great Danes=Toasters???....Where is the logic??  (Read 3839 times)

GYPSY JAZMINE

Great Danes=Toasters???....Where is the logic??
« on: August 15, 2005, 11:54:31 pm »
Saw a friend of my sister's from her school days at the swim with your dog event tonight...She has recently divorced & she had 7 Great Danes...All she asked for in the divorce was all of the dogs & her 1/2 of the equity in the house...She got 3 of the dogs...The judge said, "if you owned 7 toasters when you were married I wouldn't give you all 7 toasters & your not getting all 7 dogs"...WTF???????????????????????....Dogs as property is a concept i will never in my heart or head understand...& the kicker is that he doesn't take care of the dogs well & it is pretty well known in the dog community here....My heart broke for her. :'(

Offline brigid67

• BPO Guru
  • Dream And Desire
    • View Profile
Re: Great Danes=Toasters???....Where is the logic??
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2005, 01:28:16 am »
I lost my samoyed. Cleo in the divorce because I got the kids and the furniture.  Never saw her again *snif*

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2005, 09:19:37 am »
I know, it's very sad!...I know she is heartbroken... Ty J.'sM...I'll pass that on when I talk to her.

Offline greek4

• Majestic Member
  • Kole with Maia, Baxter, Rocco, and Cody
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2005, 09:21:53 am »
I would give him the crappy toasters because I don't really care about toasters.  How do you choose what dogs you take and what dogs get left?
My ex and I still share custody of his chocolate lab but since I am moving soon he will get her full time.  But she is really well taken care of at with him at his parents.  His mom babies them both.
I am going to have a prenup that says what is mine will always be mine but I get half of whatever was his.  Do you think that will fly!?
Thanks,

Emily and 1 husband, 1 boy, 1 on the way, and 4 crazy dogs

Offline brigid67

• BPO Guru
  • Dream And Desire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2005, 01:58:39 pm »
my ex only took her to be hurtfull...thi s is the same ex that has thor chained up in the backyard..stil l haven't figured out a way to save him yet...

smohr

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2005, 09:27:40 am »
Does your friend have anyone who can visit the dogs to see if they are being neglected or abused?  Maybe she can regain custody by rescue or petitioning the court on grounds of cruelty.  Best wishes to her...

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2005, 10:08:08 am »
Does your friend have anyone who can visit the dogs to see if they are being neglected or abused?  Maybe she can regain custody by rescue or petitioning the court on grounds of cruelty.  Best wishes to her...
I called her yeserday & told her maybe she could petition the courts to have the order reversed...She'll be getting back to me & I'll pass that on too...TY! :)

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2005, 10:27:05 am »
I lost my samoyed. Cleo in the divorce because I got the kids and the furniture.  Never saw her again *snif*

It is sad to loose the dog(s) in a divorce.  And it's not like you can have visitation...a lthough I have heard of that.  I read a lot of divorce decrees in my line of work and people do fight tooth and nail over the pets. 

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2005, 10:27:53 am »
I would give him the crappy toasters because I don't really care about toasters.  How do you choose what dogs you take and what dogs get left?
My ex and I still share custody of his chocolate lab but since I am moving soon he will get her full time.  But she is really well taken care of at with him at his parents.  His mom babies them both.
I am going to have a prenup that says what is mine will always be mine but I get half of whatever was his.  Do you think that will fly!?

Might not fly.  But try it!!!!  it's worth a shot.