Author Topic: Windows Vista :\  (Read 3666 times)

Lyn

Windows Vista :\
« on: January 30, 2009, 03:50:35 am »
Hubby just had to have Intel's new i7 chip. I was quite happy with my slow P4.. at least I can use Windows XP on it and of course this thing came with Vista's 64 bit version so most of our programs are not compatible.

I hate Vista! I can't even count the number of times I've wanted to drop kick this computer and throw it out the window. :P What was microsoft thinking when they made this crap?! LOL

The user account control is driving me insane.. if I click something um yeah I want to run it or delete it or whatever reason I clicked it for. There is the option to turn UAC off but then it constantly tells you that omg it's off.. turn it back on. If they are going to hound you why give you the option in the first place?  :-\

I don't know if I can get used to this... I want my XP back!  :(

Offline London_Pyr_Lover

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Windows Vista :\
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2009, 03:55:27 am »
Oh My Goodness I SOOO feel your pain!  We got this stupid thing with Vista on it jsut before Christmas.  People who don't have Vista cannot open files I send them!  None of the resumes I have emailed have been able to be read and the computer won't give me an option to save them in an old format!  Stupid Vista... >:( >:( >:(
My Sponsership page for my very first race!

Lyn

Re: Windows Vista :\
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2009, 04:34:25 am »
We have had this thing since the 27th and I've had to format it twice! First time was to remove RAID 0 so it wasn't Vista's fault. The second time was because explorer kept crashing. Apparently uncompatible programs will completely screw Vista up, bog it down and cause it to crash and hang... Even after uninstalling the program.

It's pretty bad though when I have to google programs for issues with Vista before I can install them. >:(

Even some Microsoft programs won't run right. Hubby's Age of Empires 3 games which is made by microsoft says it's incompatible. WTH?

I haven't tried sending anything yet through email.. I'm scared to now. LOL