Author Topic: Hawaii it is!!!!---Pics :)  (Read 13920 times)

AudgePadge

Hawaii it is!!!!---Pics :)
« on: February 05, 2009, 06:48:53 am »
So...I've been feeling really down lately and with "Singles Awareness Day" coming up, I thought...why not get away?

Did some surfing the net, let my fingers do the work...and next thing I knew, I bought myself a ticket to Oahu...

Am I crazy?! Spontaneously picking up and leaving...So I guess I'll be knocking on an old friend's door in Waikiki with my bags and sad face...hahaha
« Last Edit: February 17, 2009, 06:57:51 am by AudgePadge »

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
Re: Hawaii it is!!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2009, 06:54:13 am »
I'm so jealous!!  I would love to just pick up and go.  But finding a pet sitter would cost more than the trip itself so that's a nogo for me...........l ol.

I so want to go to Hawaii though.  We almost went a few years ago, but hubby wanted to go to Vegas instead.  yeah, bad decision.  He lost alot of money (I won some!  :D ) and we fought almost the entire time.  :P

Offline Gevaudan_Jo

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2009, 10:02:41 am »
Hey i'd LOVE to pack up an go... can't afford to leave my idiots alone at home *having 5cats,5dogs and 2 aquariums of fish- it ain't happening*
Have a great trip and BRING BACK PICS :)
Jodi & Darcy
Proud Parents of
Zero-Bull Terrier
Jigsaw-Bull Terrier
Repo- Jigsaw's baby Bull Terrier
Reba-Chinese Crested
Pavi-Xolo
Simba,Sabbath,Kimahri, Lil' Meow & Slimon-Cats
Robin the hermit crab and the 8 legged freak, Webley!
~ waiting at the bridge, Zeus and Memphis, great danes ~

Offline NewfFan

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2009, 10:23:17 am »
All I can say is, You Go Girl!
« Last Edit: February 05, 2009, 10:23:35 am by NewfFan »
-Chantel-
Owned by:
Daisy, AKC Black Lab
Max 3 year old AQHA gelding

Offline Ursa

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
    • What Now!?
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2009, 12:51:51 pm »
You'll have a wonderful time!  I lived there for awhile several years ago and really enjoyed it!  It was the only place I've ever lived where EVERYBODY wanted to come and visit me! 

Now get out there and start working on that base tan!
Ruthanna - the Triplets' mom

Ursa, CGC -  11 month old Great Pyrenees
Fargo, CGC - 9 month old Newfoundland
Sadie, CGC - 8 month old Newfoundland

What Now!? - www.muttdog.us

Offline specialkdanemom

• Big Paw Certified
  • Sera, Shasta & Mika
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2009, 01:23:14 pm »
I can't remember how old you are, but I'd say go for it!! You're single with not much to tie you down (monty will be taken care of)... DO IT WHILE YOU CAN!!  The more you family and animals you have, the harder it is to schedule vacations... let alone be spontaneous.  Enjoy being spontaeous for as long as you can.
Big Dogs...got to love'em!!

Karen, mom to:
Mika (GD)
Sera (GD/Greyhound X)
Shasta (Lab/Newf X)

Appollos (GD) RIP 2001-2005

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2009, 01:33:48 pm »
Singles Awareness Day?  that's an odd thing to celebrate...no t that i'm not painfully aware everyday that i'm single...why not make a day to announce it to everyone again.  :) 

Hawaii sounds great.   spontaneous is wonderfl

jesday

« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2009, 03:31:01 pm »
If you do only one dumb touristy thing while you're there, I'd suggest one of the zillion snorkel cruises.

I was a certified scuba diver in the San Francisco area in the 80's and was terrified on each and every dive I took. Scared of sharks. I can think of other ways I'd rather die.

Flash forward a couple of years. Hubs, 16 year old daughter and I take our only trip to Hawaii. They want to do the snorkel trip. I can't show my daughter I'm scared to death so we go. The whole boat ride out I thought I was gonna puke but just kept smiling.

It was the coolest thing I ever did. The water is clear so you can see all around you. There are so many tour boats and people and staff on shark look-out I felt really safe. But the best part was the beautiful fish, up close and personal. So worth the whole thing.

If you get tired of looking at the fish I bet you could get up close and personal with one of the life guards. ;)

Oh, but no lie. Two days later a surfer was killed by a shark 3 miles down the beach from our Hotel. There hadn't been a shark attack in 10 years. :o

That was 5 years ago so you're safe for another 5. Have yourself a blast!! :D

jesday

« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2009, 08:27:12 am »
Okay, time for a new picture. You, sun, sand, umbrella drink and all important cabana boy. :D

Offline Ursa

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
    • What Now!?
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2009, 03:20:52 pm »
Aloha!

I so miss Hawaii - can't wait for your pics!
Ruthanna - the Triplets' mom

Ursa, CGC -  11 month old Great Pyrenees
Fargo, CGC - 9 month old Newfoundland
Sadie, CGC - 8 month old Newfoundland

What Now!? - www.muttdog.us

AudgePadge

« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2009, 06:57:36 am »
okay...here they are! Pictures  ;D  I had a FABULOUS time, tours, beach and I ran into a guy I knew from highschool...s mall world eh?  ;D ;D ;D ;D He got much better looking since highschool  ;)

Anyway...here you go!! Just a few...don't want to bore you with pics of scenery :)

I take my Monty wherever I go...

Rainbow at Pearl Harbor

There were some VERY handsome Canadian sailors...lol

Shot of the sky from the Arizona Memorial

Inside the Memorial

I love this picture

one of 2 pictures I'm in  :D

Northshore

The wind was blowing so hard!

Ruins of an old sugar plantation

Blowhole

Sunset on Valentines Day  :-*

Kirsti

Re: Hawaii it is!!!!---Pics :)
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2009, 07:10:03 am »
Wow!! I'm so jealous you got to go! It looks so nice there!! I love that area. (Joe's sis and bil live there I wish I could go visit) I love your pictures! It sounds like you had a grand time! I'm also jealous you got to just pick up and go! the life! that would be awsome!

~Kirsti

Offline NewfFan

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2009, 07:13:50 am »
Wow, you were there and back already? I guess I didn't keep up with the thread. What island did you go to? We're doing our honeymoon in Hawaii, but have not picked which island yet. Looks like you had a BLAST. Did you get a chance to see any BP's while you were there? :D
Funny you ran into a guy from high school, this world is a crazy small place sometimes!
-Chantel-
Owned by:
Daisy, AKC Black Lab
Max 3 year old AQHA gelding

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2009, 08:34:34 am »
WOW!   Gorgeous!  Glad you had a great time.  And what about this guy from high school?????  it was singles awareness week afterall.  is there a hook up going on there?

Offline KiraNGunnersmom

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2009, 11:49:40 am »
Those are great pic's Audrey.  I so wish I would have been there.  I could sure use a vacation!

Kira- Akita
Gunner-Mastiff
cockateils-Peanut Butter & Jelly
Beta fish-Mak