Author Topic: Teenager for sale or rent  (Read 6111 times)

Offline aggghgmom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
Teenager for sale or rent
« on: February 06, 2009, 03:24:45 am »
OK actually just for rent!!

So my darling 16 (almost 17) year old son got his drivers license 2 weeks ago.  We are pretty careful of where he is allowed to drive; but we did allow him to drive to school (3 miles from our house).  Yesterday on the way to school he had an accident!!  Thankfully, neither party was injured but my sons car is a mess!!  It is an Acura TL that my Mother had given him (2002) it was in excellent condition.

My insurance will now go sky high and the little darling can't get a job because of baseball season (he does work all summer as a camp counselor).

So I am renting him out for all kinds of jobs; picking up poop, dog walking, snow shoveling etc.

Randy

Anakalia

Re: Teenager for sale or rent
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2009, 03:28:46 am »
OMG perfect timing, I'll take him!  I have a HUGE backyard full of "land mines".  Now that the snow is melting I'm gonna need a poop picker upper! ha!   ;)

I'm so glad no one got hurt in the accident, but it totally sucks the car was damaged! 

jesday

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2009, 04:48:44 am »
Thank goodness he is okay. Similar thing happened to my daughter at 16. We got her a nice used Datsun for her birthday. It was in really good shape because hubs brother was a mechanic. She totaled it within 3 months two miles from the house.

She was told that was the only freebie she got from us as far as cars were concerned. Her next car she'd have to buy herself.

"What ??? Ride the Bus to school! :o" She wanted to report us to CPS for MHW. (making her work) ;)

Good luck with the insurance rates. It's bad enough for teenage girls, but boys... I feel your pain.

lorim2

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2009, 05:58:59 am »
If it makes you feel any better happened to us too!  My daughter had just turned 17 and got her license..she was driving a 1988 Jaguar of her choice...Great bargain...but it was a tank. ...She was leaving Wendys and we got 2 for 1...She hit the car beside her and the one in the drive through line...haha... Shes been a great driver since.  Thank god for the forgiveness thing with our ins....

Offline marinafb

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2009, 11:25:45 am »

At least no one was hurt but that's why i have dogs! Now if they got a hold of my trucks everyone should get off the road!
Marina
Freya-9 years collie shepard mix
Milo-6 years Pitt Bull
Bryce-3 years English Mastiff
Mab and Angus cool cats

Offline GoldenPyrs

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2009, 12:24:53 pm »
Whew, I am sooo glad that everyone is ok.  This makes my palms sweat, b/c our oldest son is 16 now and we're holding off a little longer for him to drive, but it'll still be before I'm ready for him to drive, I know.   :-\  Hubby & I both had more than our share of fender benders at that age, so it's something that we think about a lot.  So thank Heavens everyone's ok and it's "just" metal that's damaged, while another life lesson was learned.  I'm sending you a big supportive hug from another mom of teens (I have 2 right now).  Hang in there!   :-*
Marie

And my pups:
Daisy a 9 y/o Golden/Lab mix
Sammy a 6-7(?) y/o Great Pyrenees adopted 3/07
Cassie a 3 y/o Pyr/Mystery Snuggle Bunny mix adopted 2/07

My angel girls waiting at the Bridge:
Cara 1989-2001 Great Pyrenees
Sally ? - 1993 Dobie(rescued '92)
Halley 2002-2006 Great Pyrenees

Offline Ursa

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
    • What Now!?
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2009, 01:07:20 am »
Picture this - we had TWO 16 year old boys driving at the same time!

One is an excellent driver but the other?  Not so good.

Ruthanna - the Triplets' mom

Ursa, CGC -  11 month old Great Pyrenees
Fargo, CGC - 9 month old Newfoundland
Sadie, CGC - 8 month old Newfoundland

What Now!? - www.muttdog.us

Offline aggghgmom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2009, 06:12:08 am »
Thanks everyone for your laughter and support.

Insurance is coming tuesday to look at the car.  I will be waiting to see how much my insurance goes up from this.  The little darling didn't whine yesterday about taking Harley for a walk/jog...I think both Harley and darling son will be in better shape in the coming months.

I told hubby this is the perfect opportunity to get a really big dog since hubby is no longer in charge of picking up poop!!  Hubby didn't go for it since darling son will be going to college in a year and half (don't get me started on that!!)

Next big responsiblity check is today and tonight - I'll fill you in on details tomorrow!!

Thanks again
Randy