Author Topic: Anyone watching the dog show?  (Read 24576 times)

Offline vmimom2006

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone watching the dog show?
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2009, 06:09:31 am »
I thought the Dane was out of this world (guess I'm partial)  ;D. I too thought the Newf was so cute carrying his leash too. I thought of all the Newfies here when I saw that. I also loved the Pyr too. The coat on the Tabitin Mastiff was so unique and beautiful. I was dissapointed when none of them won  :'( So then for the Best of Show we (Athena & Myself) was so hoping for the Deer Hound but....

I guess there is always next year!
Mom to:
Athena 20 month Blue Great Dane
Aurora 5 yr Blue Merle Great Dane
Baby Tux cat-RIP 6/9/09
Mandy & Millie 10 yr sisters tabbys
Wheet 9 yr black shorthair devil cat
Lucy Lu & Buckley 8 month kitties

Offline Kermit

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2009, 06:21:54 am »
I did notice the Dane looked afraid of the judge- maybe a bit too timid. But gorgeous nonetheless.

The working dogs were all adorable. My favorite was the Tibetan mastiff. That COAT!!! :o

lookingfornewf

« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2009, 07:04:05 am »
I did think the Great Dane was beautiful and immediately thought of Jack. The Dogue made me laugh. My mom has a Scottie so I had to tease her about her peeing during Best of Show judging. I recorded both nights and will probably have to watch them again a few times.
It did make me appreciate Clifford even more. For years as I watched I would pick out what kind of dog I would have if I could have any I wanted. I decided on the Newfoundland, but didn't really think I would ever get one.

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2009, 09:50:32 am »
I was hoping the tibetan mastiff would win group.  What a gorgeous coat!!  Reminded me of a lion.  I also loved that the newf grabbed it's leash.  How utterly cute!

I was not surprised that the dane did not win, it's been quite some time since one has done so well.

I was not surprised though when the schnauzer won.  Spirit has been winning shows left and right over the last year or so.  She really is a gorgeous dog.

I like to think they gave the win to the sussex b/c he came ouf of 5 yrs of retirement just for this show and he was 10 yrs old (I know that's not how they judge, but I'm nostalgic that way).  Plus you gotta love his name.  Stump.  I remember him from the early '00's