Author Topic: AT & T guy v.s Grace  (Read 4602 times)

lins_saving_grace

AT & T guy v.s Grace
« on: February 13, 2009, 12:21:49 pm »
Today the phone guy came to fix an issue with my home phone.  It went out Wednesday. 
He comes to the door (and had been warned that there was a Rott in the house) and Grace let him in.  I held her till he was settled and they got along ok.  He pet her head and I gave him a bone to give her to make them friends.  We were fine.  He explained he had to go to a box outside here and one up the road and was almost ready to go back outside and do his thing.  Well, Grace had other ideas.  He had slipped one hand into a pocket and Grace went off on him.  To me, she was saying "Give me another bone, dumb dumb."  to him, she said "Die you nut job, Die!"  she was loud, but her stub was going a mile a minute. 
I quietly told him he was hiding his hands.  I've never seen anyone jerk his hands out of his pocket before. 
He came back a while later and when he came in I made Grace sit like i did the first time he came in and she was fine with him.
No wonder i have no visitors.   Grace just loves to bully people.  Other people I've had over get have gotten along fine with Grace.  Maybe she was trying to tell him to sit and stay a while too.

Offline Ursa

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
    • What Now!?
Re: AT & T guy v.s Grace
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2009, 03:08:20 pm »
Perhaps Miss Grace is just trying to help Mom out with the whole dating thing by keeping new men around awhile!   :D
Ruthanna - the Triplets' mom

Ursa, CGC -  11 month old Great Pyrenees
Fargo, CGC - 9 month old Newfoundland
Sadie, CGC - 8 month old Newfoundland

What Now!? - www.muttdog.us

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2009, 03:41:23 pm »
Perhaps Miss Grace is just trying to help Mom out with the whole dating thing by keeping new men around awhile!   :D
with that kind of help, i'll be single forever. 
I really do think she wanted him to sit and stay a while.  to her, it's just unnatural for someone to stand in the door without coming in and being licked and sat upon.  she talks to people, just very loudly which is always taken completely wrong.

Kirsti

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2009, 11:49:31 am »
Haahaa! gotta love Grace's tacticks  :D

~Kirsti

lookingfornewf

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2009, 03:55:52 am »
The people we bought our house from had a border collie that only barked and went nuts when people went to leave.
Clifford had his own incident with the cable guy. I had him on his leash, the guy had petted him and he was fine. Well he slipped his collar. The guy was busy working and Clifford came up behind him and stuck his head between the guys legs while I was running after him with his collar. Well I couldn't reach in there to put his collar on him. I yelled treat and Clifford ran right to the kitchen. Fortunately the guy was very nice about it. It's a wonder people will come in to fix things at many of our houses. ::)