Author Topic: Free male and female mastiffs  (Read 7700 times)

Offline dober_gurl

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
Free male and female mastiffs
« on: February 15, 2009, 09:48:57 am »
From the Chicago, IL craigslist

FREE - M/F English Mastiffs w/ Papers (Joliet)
Reply to: see below
Date: 2009-02-15, 1:23PM CST

Free male and female english mastiffs with papers. Only people NOT scared of big dogs need apply. The male WILL try and act like a badass and nip. He has never bitten anyone but he will try and nip to check you. He needs someone who will not be scared and put him in his place!!! The female is people friendly. These are HUGE dogs and require alot of space to move around. They are primarily housed outdoors and DO have thier thicker winter coats. If your scared of a big 175 pound dog, don't even reply. The male is brindle and cost us $1600. The female is fawn. If you are not scared and want two monsters protecting your yard, then give me a call. Hoping to get rid of them today!!!

Call Crystal at 815-388-9630
"None left to rescue, none left to buy, none left to suffer, none left to die. None to be beaten, none to be kicked...all must be loved and all must be fixed"

Maggie-Doberman
Molly-Papillon
Mickey-Mutt
Collin-Kitty
Sunny-Amazon Parrot
Squishy-Guinea Pig
Harper/Lyric-Rats

Offline People Whisperer

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
Re: Free male and female mastiffs
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2009, 09:55:24 am »
Quote from: dober_gurl
 Hoping to get rid of them today!!!

[/quote
OMG! Gotta love some "people"   :(
"To once own a Great Pyrenees is to love and want one always."
Mary W. Crane

I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it :)

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2009, 10:01:41 am »
That ad has been posted before.  I think I saw it a month or so ago.
I cannot believe they keep mastiffs outdoors in IL!!  I really don't know how much of a "winter coat" a mastiff would get but it certainly isn't enough to counter a midwest winter.

I hope the can find better owners who know the breed.  Joliet is only about 30 min from me...........s o if anyone needs transport, let me know.  ;)

Offline goldensaint723

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2009, 10:08:03 am »
  why do people even get these kind of dogs if they dont intend on taking care of them? This makes me not like people alot of the time. >:( I hate the excuses... Im allergic.. Were you not allergic before you got the dog?
  It got to big. Did you think a dog who normally weighs over 30pds as a baby is not gonna be an extremely large dog obviously the word mastiff did not apply to my dog!!
   I dont have time for them anymore. Why did you get them in the first place? THERE NOT GARBAGE!!You dont just throw them out when there not fun anymore or dont fit into your lifestyle.
   Im having a baby and the dog is getting to be to much.
  I heard this from a woman where I live who tried to give me her 8 month out of control saint bernard in the town I live in. If you would have trained the dog when it was a puppy you might not be having this problem NOW!! I think she should not have bred her self being an irresponsible pet owner usually shows you lack parenting skills. She got the dog 3 months after she got pregnant. Dont take the responsibility of being a pet owner on if you cannot take care of the dog. Think before you impulsively act. They live and breath and feel too!!!

Owned by 3 saints and a Jack Russell Terror
Cujo saint bernard
Macey saint bernard
Kodiak saint bernard
Angel Jack Russell
 River waiting at the bridge

Offline MichelleParlier

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
    • American Mastiff Family Forum
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2009, 04:27:42 am »
From the Chicago, IL craigslist

FREE - M/F English Mastiffs w/ Papers (Joliet)
Reply to: see below
Date: 2009-02-15, 1:23PM CST

Free male and female english mastiffs with papers. Only people NOT scared of big dogs need apply. The male WILL try and act like a badass and nip. He has never bitten anyone but he will try and nip to check you. He needs someone who will not be scared and put him in his place!!! The female is people friendly. These are HUGE dogs and require alot of space to move around. They are primarily housed outdoors and DO have thier thicker winter coats. If your scared of a big 175 pound dog, don't even reply. The male is brindle and cost us $1600. The female is fawn. If you are not scared and want two monsters protecting your yard, then give me a call. Hoping to get rid of them today!!!

Call Crystal at 815-388-9630

My friend works with Midwest Mastiff Rescue.  I forwarded a copy of this post to her.  Hopefully they can help these poor babies. 

Michelle
AM Murphy, CGC, Certified Therapy Dog (Therapy Dogs International, Inc.)
(Flying W Farms - Kady & Rufus 1-23-05)

epileptic German Shepherd mix Annie (Born 10-4-04 - adopted 5-06 AHF) RIP 5-17-08

EM Maggie (Born 10-17-05 - adopted 12-06 GLMR)

EM Frank (Born 11-11-01 - adopted 10-07 GLMR)