Author Topic: Please Sign this Petition to jail men who killed puppy  (Read 13907 times)

Offline marinafb

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
Please Sign this Petition to jail men who killed puppy
« on: February 17, 2009, 11:08:35 am »

Hi, I signed the petition "maximum penalty for the men who hacked up a puppy." I'm asking you to sign this petition to help us reach our goal of 100,000 signatures. I care deeply about this cause, and I hope you will support our efforts. Here are the basics of the case:

Hardened police officers have been shocked by the horrifying torture, mutilation and brutal slaying of a seven month old fox terrier puppy near Mackay at the weekend.

If found guilty, they could face up to two years in prison. Police have obtained video footage from a mobile phone which shows graphic images of the puppy yelping and howling in terrible pain as it hacked to pieces with garden shears and a pocked knife.

They said the owners were too distressed to talk to anyone about it.

The pups nose was cut off, its front right leg and rear left leg were cut off and it was decapitated. A three-part video series on a mobile phone shows the dog being tortured.

The maximum penalty under the Animal Care and Protection Act for such an offence is $75,000 or two years in jail; however the maximum penalty ever handed out has been a four month jail term.

WE BELIEVE THESE MEN SHOULD RECIEVE THE MAXIMUN PENALTY AVAILABLE IN AUSTRALIA FOR THIS SADISTIC, DISGUSTING ACT.

To sign the petition, please copy and paste the following link:

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/maximum-penalty-for-the-men-who-hacked-up-a-puppy

For updates on the case, please go to: http://www.rescuedwithlove.org/crueltycaseinmackay.htm

Freya-9 years collie shepard mix
Milo-6 years Pitt Bull
Bryce-3 years English Mastiff
Mab and Angus cool cats

Offline boxermama

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
Re: Please Sign this Petition to jail men who killed puppy
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2009, 11:20:48 am »
thank you i will because this is the kind of thing i feel strongly about too....animals cant stand up for themselves so we need to be their voice