Author Topic: Dog Park Hoodlums!  (Read 6886 times)

jesday

Dog Park Hoodlums!
« on: February 23, 2009, 08:55:32 am »
Well, I was holding out hope that I would actually own a male dog who didn't need to stop at every little stick and rock to mark on a walk.

Since a couple of recent trips to the dog park, Syrus has started doing this. I can only surmise the big bad dog dudes at the park taught him this. Next thing you know he'll be stashing a pack of cigarettes under his collar. >:(

He's a bit confused though. He still pees like a girl. :D

lookingfornewf

Re: Dog Park Hoodlums!
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2009, 09:12:28 am »
Can't help you here. Cute little Annie does the same thing. I didn't even know girl dogs were suppose to mark. She will mark at pretty much every house we pass on a one hour walk. At only 17 pounds I don't know how she even holds enough to do this.

jesday

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2009, 10:10:16 am »
Yeah, Chili runs out after about 3 markings. Doesn't keep him from going through the motions however. :D

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2009, 10:52:29 am »
Gunther has never lifted a leg, and I am soooooooo glad of that.  I always said that if he started, I would put a stop to that very quickly.  I would love to do the same with Nigel, but it's a bit late to stop him now.

Gunther doesn't pee like a girl in a low squat, he pees like a horse........s preads his legs and pees standing up.  I sooooo prefer that to marking.

Nigel pees on everyone else's pee, and often licks up Keiko and Posey's.  :P  Then chatters his teeth......... lol.  And at the dog park?  He will pee and pee and pee until he gives himself a UTI, or at least that's the best way to describe it.  He pees so much he can't stop peeing and will stop and squat every few feet and looks to be in pain while doing this.  And for the rest of the day, he has to go out every few hours b/c of the urge to pee.  He only does this though when we haven't been to the park in forever.

Offline DAMAGE

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • Raemi, Breccan and the late, great, Drago & Chloe
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2009, 01:07:37 pm »
Breccan lifts his leg when he poops!!! He even tries to find something to lift his leg on so as to leave crap hanging as high up as possible. Bushes, trees, tall clumps of grass, all festooned with poo-berries. It's embarrassing when we are out in public. People think he is 'marking territory' until he walks away and leaves the ornaments behind.
Dana
& The George Saints
"Raemi"
"Breccan"

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2009, 01:32:53 pm »
Haha...that is funny. Bear is a pee-maniac! Everything needs his scent and when he does it is the dirt- even if it is just a little drop- he'll sometimes kick the dirt around with his back paws to make it more potent.  :)
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Offline NewfFan

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2009, 05:53:32 pm »
Haha, only dog-people could sit and discuss the potty habits of their animals, and enjoy it! In fact, I think I may have said this before, which further proves my point! Our Aussie walks a tight little circle, round and round and round when she does her poops, its pretty funny!
-Chantel-
Owned by:
Daisy, AKC Black Lab
Max 3 year old AQHA gelding

Offline ruffian

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2009, 09:30:41 pm »
All I can say is good luck, but my girl is WAY worse for marking than any of my boys have ever been, she pees on EVERYTHING.  And if they pee on it after her, she has to do it again.