Author Topic: NDR - Anybody care to join me in a glass of wine?  (Read 9226 times)

Offline London_Pyr_Lover

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
NDR - Anybody care to join me in a glass of wine?
« on: March 04, 2009, 01:03:58 pm »
It's Wednesday, been a crappy day all around.  First all that stuff with the insurance, then my bf calls to tell me that I forgot to pack his kid a lunch this morning (which I totally, completely gapped about and feel horrible for), then starts to lecture me about it like a boss reprimanding an employee (as if I don't realize just HOW important it is for a child to EAT), then calls me the get this babysitter!!!!  He called me his freaking babysitter!!!!  Well this babysitter damn well quits!  I told him to take Jack to his parents place tonight, that I'm not available for babysitting services tonight or tomorrow. 

So I'm sitting at home now for the night enjoying a glass or 2 of a lovely Niagra Region Riesling.  Anybody else that's had a stupid day, or even a good day for that matter care to join me in a glass?  ;)
« Last Edit: March 04, 2009, 01:05:58 pm by London_Pyr_Lover »
My Sponsership page for my very first race!

Offline Gevaudan_Jo

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
Re: NDR - Anybody care to join me in a glass of wine?
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2009, 01:09:01 pm »
 im so sorry that you're days been crappy...
*HUGS* i would join you, but i dont drink wine... and what i do drink, we have  none of... so i tip my bottle of water to you, hope you have a relaxin night... have anice hot bubbly bath... some candles, etc...
and tomorrow is another day :)
Jodi & Darcy
Proud Parents of
Zero-Bull Terrier
Jigsaw-Bull Terrier
Repo- Jigsaw's baby Bull Terrier
Reba-Chinese Crested
Pavi-Xolo
Simba,Sabbath,Kimahri, Lil' Meow & Slimon-Cats
Robin the hermit crab and the 8 legged freak, Webley!
~ waiting at the bridge, Zeus and Memphis, great danes ~

Offline London_Pyr_Lover

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2009, 01:13:08 pm »
Yup!  That's the plan, cell phone is turned off, TV is on.  Planning an early bedtime, and some snuggles with the only one on the planet who will love me unconditionall y, never doubt, or lecture, or exect anything of me but my time and my love. That's right, I'm talking about my dog!  ;) :D :D

Offline Rosalba

• Veteran Dog Chomper
  • Lucca at City park
    • View Profile
    • The Glovinsky Gallery of Contemporary Art
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2009, 01:16:05 pm »
Well, you deseve as much wine as you want! I might join in later tonight, dependng on whether or not me agreeing to have some coffee with somene qualifies as a date >_< Im guessing no, because we didn't CALL it that :)

Feel better. Know you are appreciated and valued  :)
-Rosalba

owned by:
Frida (the Chihuahua)
Olive (the handsome devil of a cat)
Lucca (the Saint Bernard puppy)

Offline London_Pyr_Lover

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2009, 01:34:01 pm »
Thanks guys!
Rosalba.  If it wasn't a date because you didn't specify it was a date, then he doesn't deserve to have a date with you at all!  ;)
Julie, whatever Aaron did to make you mad, shoot him an extra dirty look from me too.  ;)

And I raise my glass to the both of you, before I go to refill it!  ;D

tralfazmom

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2009, 01:34:51 pm »
Not only a glass, but perhaps the whole bottle. The weather was cold and crappy, the job was tiresome, the hormones are all out of wack and even the usually wonderful husband is irritable tonight. Is it a full moon? I plan on polishing off the entire bottle this evening! I don't need to be at work till afternoon tomorrow, there is plenty of time to recover. I'll be happy to pour a few for anyone who could use them.

Offline London_Pyr_Lover

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2009, 01:52:16 pm »
Cheers to the both of you!  Here's to sleeping babies, and Mental Health nights!  ;D

Offline kathryn

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2009, 02:04:37 pm »
Sorry you have had a rough day.  This week seems to have been rough for everyone.  I think I will grab a beer and join you in a drink.
Kaila - Belgian Malinois
Shiner - Malinois x Ridgeback
Toulouse, Cayenne, Raven - DSH

Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, the Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off. We apologize for the inconvenience

lookingfornewf

« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2009, 02:16:24 pm »
I might just have some wine in the fridge for myself. Hubby plays poker on Wednesday and I sit home and watch really bad TV that I enjoy- American Idol, and America's Next Top Model.
Nothing really bad going on here although I do feel bad for lots of people we know. My husband retired from US Steel (Stelco) not too long ago so we know many people in the process of getting laid off as they close it all down.
Cheers Everybody
« Last Edit: March 04, 2009, 02:19:04 pm by Clifford the big dog »

Gentian

« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2009, 02:26:54 pm »
I'm here, wine in hand.  :) Alex, even parents forget stuff like that once in awhile. Schools know that. I'm sure he didn't starve. The babysitter::)

I have three big projects to wrap up this week at work, and no one is getting me their sections in time. If they're late, my head rolls, regardless of why. I barely got our annual report to the printer on time yesterday. I am more than a little stressed about it. Plus I have J's 13th birthday party Saturday, and my dining room needs to be painted before then. Like, needs it. It's primer right now. So I went and got the paint, and I hate what I got. It's eggplant, and it's going to look much darker than I thought. Since I paid $60 for it, I'm using it...but I'm scared.

I'm drinking Giant 47 Pound Rooster Cab. I'm thinking about a second glass.   ;)

Offline London_Pyr_Lover

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2009, 02:34:52 pm »
Ladies!  I just gotta say, I'm lovin the solidarity!  I wish you all lived closer so I could have you all over for a big wine and beer (and cheese and other snacky snacks) party!  Emily, I'm so on the America's Next Top Model band wagon!   My sis tried out for Canada's version, she didn't make it, but I won't hold that against them!  lol  Amanda, Go grab that second glass, you deserve it!  And Kat, if you don't go grab a beer and join us, my feelings will be hurt!  lol (jk)  ;D ;D

Gentian

« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2009, 02:54:54 pm »
The wine, the good company, and American Idol on the DVR are all helping.  :-*

I just used Bosco's ear to wipe his drool off my keyboard. I have to keep moving his lip to hit the backspace key.  ::)

Offline London_Pyr_Lover

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2009, 03:14:33 pm »
The wine, the good company, and American Idol on the DVR are all helping.  :-*

I just used Bosco's ear to wipe his drool off my keyboard. I have to keep moving his lip to hit the backspace key.  ::)

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Offline vmimom2006

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2009, 04:24:21 am »
Nuts to him!! His kid=his problem. Just love how if you're the female it's your responsibility . Having a V8 this morning to here's to you!! BP's are the best possible company for a quiet evening. Hopefully today will be better for you!
Mom to:
Athena 20 month Blue Great Dane
Aurora 5 yr Blue Merle Great Dane
Baby Tux cat-RIP 6/9/09
Mandy & Millie 10 yr sisters tabbys
Wheet 9 yr black shorthair devil cat
Lucy Lu & Buckley 8 month kitties

AudgePadge

« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2009, 08:52:10 am »
I just saw this today, but count me in on the crappy week...I did have a glass of wine last night too, and a couple cocktails...It's been a 14 day work week...no days off yet. 

Plus the flip-floppping w/the ex...he's keeping Ramses, he's not...he is... aslkdfjalskdfa!!! this emotional rollercoaster is KILLING me...

Hang in there Alex! Good job on the non-smoking ;)

I'm sorry Ciara  :( Sending love n kisses to your kitty  :-*