Big Paws Only Dog Forums
February 21, 2017, 05:45:21 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Congratulation s Dinty the Newf You look very handsome atop the site.

The BPO Calendar is now available for purchase. For more information, see the self-titled thread.

Looking for something interesting to read? Catch up on the latest doggy news in our BPO Blog.

Home   Help Search Calendar Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Yay Ursa!  (Read 1282 times)
Ursa
Paw-meister

View Profile WWW
« on: March 14, 2009, 09:56:20 AM »

We're starting our new class next week (were supposed to start last week but the trainer was sick).  The trainer sent us some homework to practice on since Ursa and I are actually beginning with class #2.

One of the things to work on is having your dog stand with its front feet on a stepstool and then move the back feet only.  I wasn't too hopeful about this one because Ursa's heard "four on the floor" every day of her life!  No Pyr pawing allowed here!

Well, it took 5 days AND some bacon but Ursa finally stood up straight with her feet on the stool!  I'm doing the happy dance!!!   Grin

She won't move her back feet yet but that's okay.  She's slowly training me to enjoy the journey to a new skill as much as the end result.   Smiley

Ruthanna - the Triplets' mom

Ursa, CGC -  11 month old Great Pyrenees
Fargo, CGC - 9 month old Newfoundland
Sadie, CGC - 8 month old Newfoundland

What Now!? - www.muttdog.us
NewfFan
Big Paw Certified

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2009, 04:19:14 PM »

*Does the happy dance with you* Way to go Ursa girl!

-Chantel-
Owned by:
Daisy, AKC Black Lab
Max 3 year old AQHA gelding
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: