Author Topic: Sadie and Riley's Easter egg hunt  (Read 33910 times)

Offline macybean

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
Sadie and Riley's Easter egg hunt
« on: April 12, 2009, 06:00:02 am »
I bought some plastic eggs, put treats inside, and placed them around the living room this morning. I've hid treats this way before, which Riley enjoyed, but he didn't particularly care for the eggs. He sniffed out a couple, but he doesn't usually pick things up and even walked away from the second egg. I opened those two and gave him the treat. Then he gave up and went and sat on the couch - right on an egg that was hidden in between the cushions! So I gave that one to him, too. Sadie found the other 9 and carried them around (typical Lab) for me to open. Then she learned to open them herself. She had a great time!

Here are some pics of the hunt, their rawhide afterwards, and of Presciosa, my neighbors' dog, who has been undergoing heartworm treatment at my house for the past 5 weeks or so (almost finished!):

Offline macybean

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
Re: Sadie and Riley's Easter egg hunt
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2009, 06:02:17 am »
And more:

Kirsti

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2009, 06:07:08 am »
AWE!!!!  Thats such a great idea! I love it!! I love the pictures too, easter sounds like it was a blast at your house!!!

~Kirsti

Offline Ursa

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
    • What Now!?
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2009, 11:30:15 am »
What a fun idea!
Ruthanna - the Triplets' mom

Ursa, CGC -  11 month old Great Pyrenees
Fargo, CGC - 9 month old Newfoundland
Sadie, CGC - 8 month old Newfoundland

What Now!? - www.muttdog.us

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2009, 01:59:44 pm »
That looks  like fun!!!! 
I did that for Lady and Grace one year, minus the eggs. I just hid bones all over.   They loved it for the whole 5 minutes it took them to find the bones. 

Jodi and the pack

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2009, 02:41:10 pm »
I tried the same thing...but got much different results.  Ada, the lab found all the eggs which she immediately brought to me...then off she went searching for more.  I gave the eggs to puppy Remy who gnawed and pounced and pawed until the egg was opened and a treat popped out.  That's when Sophie would swoop in and claim the treat.  I think she's the only one who actually got any of the Easter goodies.

I'm glad your crew played the game with much better results!

Offline polkadotchas

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2009, 04:08:04 am »
That is the cutest idea ever! I am so trying that next year. Although it might be interesting maybe Thullee will have a longer attention span by then. Munster on the other hand, will probably just wait until Thullee finds one then run over and want a treat to. haha. Cute pictures.
Mom to:
Munster: 9 year old pug
Cthulhu aka thulee: Bull Mastiff/?? mix
Frankenstein: big fat long haired tabby
Chaos: Not so fat but darn cute tabby
Chopper:6 year old ferret
Brodie: 4 year old ferret

Offline macybean

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2009, 02:33:09 pm »
Well, I can't take credit for the idea. Some friends of a friend of mine held one on Saturday. He told me about it. And it worked out really well! :)