Author Topic: Would a Giant Schnauzer be a good dog for me?  (Read 10006 times)

Offline Miranda1

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
Would a Giant Schnauzer be a good dog for me?
« on: April 13, 2009, 04:44:15 am »
Hello,

I’m in the process of choosing a dog breed that suits me. I have been doing research on this for quite some time and seem to find good things about all of them and I can’t settle on one. One thing I have decided is that I want a larger dog due to my active life style.

A little about me… I have been planning to get a dog after graduation (college) for over a year. I will be living alone for the first time, I have always had roommates. I’m a little worried about this and would like a dog for company and protection. I am also pretty active; I love to jog and bike and would like a dog that would enjoy these activities as well. I also have horses, and the dog would often accompany me to the barn. However, I don’t want a dog that will bounce off the walls 24-7, due to the fact I will be living in a medium size apartment. I also travel to and from my home to my parents home and would like a dog that would be comfortable with a little traveling and who wants to go where I go and be with me in general. One more thing I’m sorry this is getting long… I want a dog that is capable of being obedience trained and acting reasonably mannerly. I would hate for my dog to annoy other people. I have full intentions of attending obedience and training classes with my new dog, regardless if it is a puppy or an adult. Also this will be my first dog, however I grew up with dobermans.

I posted this on the general board and then shortly after that I found the breed specific areas.  Sorry for the double post.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!! I look forward to hearing what you have to say! 

Thank you
Miranda