Author Topic: Remy and Doggy 101  (Read 23968 times)

Jodi and the pack

Remy and Doggy 101
« on: April 24, 2009, 07:51:04 am »
Well, little Remy started basic obedience classes last night.  We also have our lab Ada going through it as a refresher course (cause she's a knuckle-head).  Walking on a lead has never been a big deal for Remy and she's known "sit" for weeks, but "down-stay" was a problem--though not what you would think.  I took her for a pretty long walk before class to get rid of all that extra puppy energy, and my plan backfired.  Every time I put her in a "down" position she fell asleep.  So while all the other dogs were working on trusting their owners as we were circling around them and standing over them, Remy was actually snoring.  At first the instructor was a little concerned that she was overly stressed and was literally shutting down, but by the end of the night he was convinced that I had one of the most laid-back dogs he'd ever worked with.  I guess this means our socializing has paid off and she's comfortable in a room of 30+ dogs.  But as a teacher it drove me crazy that my "kid" was sleeping through class.

lookingfornewf

Re: Remy and Doggy 101
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2009, 08:45:17 am »
ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ;D My mom is always trying to tell me her Scottie is stressed about something when she goes under a chair and lays down, and I always tell her she is just taking a nap. ::)

Kirsti

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2009, 08:54:03 am »
haahaa... poor tired pup wont know the answers when the test come :P, thats cute though, maybe a shorter walk next time?

~Kirsti

Offline People Whisperer

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2009, 10:20:33 am »
I can totally relate...Lily does the best "down stays" with ball and toys thrown around and looks like she is so bored! LOL Nothing can make her move faster in other exercises  ::)
"To once own a Great Pyrenees is to love and want one always."
Mary W. Crane

I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it :)

Offline Ursa

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
    • What Now!?
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2009, 10:50:10 am »
Don't feel too badly - Ursa slept through 90% of her first class!

Even now she is the slowest dog on the planet when it comes to a recall.  To say that she saunters would be an understatement!
Ruthanna - the Triplets' mom

Ursa, CGC -  11 month old Great Pyrenees
Fargo, CGC - 9 month old Newfoundland
Sadie, CGC - 8 month old Newfoundland

What Now!? - www.muttdog.us