Author Topic: want to teach Buster something new while he is on house arrest...any ideas??  (Read 3506 times)

Offline Buster's family

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
Hey! We miss doing active things with Buster all day! And he is deffinately bored!!! I thought teaching him some new "tricks" would be some thing fun...and a challenge for his bored mind! He cannot get up...so it would have to be something he could do lieing down. He is doing great except pooping in the house...ick! Giant dogs have giant poops!!! :o
Thanks! ~Holly

lins_saving_grace

how about peek a boo where he would cover his face with his paws.  Hear no evil.  shake. 
I would hold off on roll over till his legs feel better though.  activity is good even if it is only for the mind, but in his condition rest is better.

Offline Ursa

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
    • What Now!?
Does Buster know how to target?  If not, it's an easy thing to teach and he doesn't have to move anything except for his nose to doit.  If he can, have you tried teaching him to target certain things on command?  You could bring items to him to train with.  Can he "take it" - put something in his mouth on command?  If he can, how many textures will he accept? 

In the interest of full disclosure, my Pyr can target and does very well at it but take it?  She's sooooo not gonna do that!
Ruthanna - the Triplets' mom

Ursa, CGC -  11 month old Great Pyrenees
Fargo, CGC - 9 month old Newfoundland
Sadie, CGC - 8 month old Newfoundland

What Now!? - www.muttdog.us

Offline polkadotchas

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
haha okay I had to go look up that democrat video I loved it ! ;)

How about speak. My moms dogs already do that so shes taught them to be quieter and quieter so she just tells them to woof now and they just make tiny little woofs lol. Its really cute to see her big  giant rotties making little tiny sounds.

Good luck keep us posted on his new tricks!

Mom to:
Munster: 9 year old pug
Cthulhu aka thulee: Bull Mastiff/?? mix
Frankenstein: big fat long haired tabby
Chaos: Not so fat but darn cute tabby
Chopper:6 year old ferret
Brodie: 4 year old ferret