Author Topic: REQUEST  (Read 3240 times)

Offline MagicM3

• Paw-meister
  • *Sir William
    • View Profile
REQUEST
« on: June 01, 2009, 07:00:20 pm »

To all of you that have (any old Polaroid) film I make my plea..
Polarorid is no longer making this film..they call it progress..
I am a volunteer.. and will be  working at UMC with my therapy dog in January ..and the pictures are for the kids..Their smiles are priceless

I know that once all the film is gone it will be gone..so I am trying to stock up while I can..
Yes it can still be found online..ebay.. amazon ..etc..but the prices have skyrocketed..
Being on a fixed income I won't be able to get much..and lots of it on line is outdated and I have no idea how long it is good for..I'm aiming for ex.dates in 09..

Anyone interested in donating (their unused Polaroid film)to SMILES in Pedeactrics and ICU I am willing to give you contacts at the hospital as well as I am a member in good standing in TDInc..(Therapy Dogs Incorporated..)and if contacted will show my TDInc ID as well as info to contact them..

I know it is hard times for everyone now..and you could sell this film and get whatever you can for it..I am asking that you think of all the good KARMA coming back your way providing SMILES to sick children..and their families in the hospital..all dealing with more than just hard $$$ times..

I look forward to hearing from anyone ...I am not looking for $$$$ only the film that you probably don't use any longer anyway..

Thanks for reading my request

Tricia and the fur kids

Offline GoldenPyrs

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
Re: REQUEST
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2009, 08:34:49 pm »
Gosh Tricia, what a wonderful cause.  I just wish that I had a Polaroid camera so that I'd have some film to donate.  Unfortunately, I don't, but I'll sure ask around.  I hope that you find lots!
Marie

And my pups:
Daisy a 9 y/o Golden/Lab mix
Sammy a 6-7(?) y/o Great Pyrenees adopted 3/07
Cassie a 3 y/o Pyr/Mystery Snuggle Bunny mix adopted 2/07

My angel girls waiting at the Bridge:
Cara 1989-2001 Great Pyrenees
Sally ? - 1993 Dobie(rescued '92)
Halley 2002-2006 Great Pyrenees

Offline London_Pyr_Lover

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
Re: REQUEST
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2009, 03:50:24 am »
Trish, I don't have any, but I too will make sure to ask around.  As for Jeanne's suggestion, I think that's a great idea!  You might even be able to get one of the big box stores to donate one plus the printer, it really is no big expense to them, plus they can make a publicity thing out of it.

Good luck!  :-*
My Sponsership page for my very first race!