Author Topic: Allergy shots  (Read 3421 times)

jesday

Allergy shots
« on: June 07, 2009, 04:24:48 am »
Is anyone else giving their bubs allergy shots? We just started Sophie yesterday. A simple shot under the skin, no big deal. This morning there was total blow-out in the garage. There was so much liquid poop everywhere. Nothing else has changed for them so natural to assume it was side effect from shot. But there was so much, hard to imagine it was from just one dog. Syrus has been a bit droopy lately.

Wondering if anyone else has experienced this with allergy shots?

Offline London_Pyr_Lover

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Allergy shots
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2009, 07:23:53 am »
No I'm sorry, I just wanted to say I hope whoever had the blowout (one or both of them) feels better soon!  You guys need a break!  Poor Bubs.
My Sponsership page for my very first race!

jesday

Re: Allergy shots
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2009, 11:25:14 am »
Thanks. I started reading all the literature that came with the kit and it list a bunch of symptoms to watch for. If any appear, contact veterinarian immediately. Yes, diarrhea was on the list.

Sophie appears to be fine and is perky, hungry, and ready for a walk, so I don't feel it is enough of a concern to call the emergency vet on a Sunday. I will call first thing tomorrow however. She doesn't get another shot for 4 more days so I hope I'm not being dumb for not taking her in today. :-\