Author Topic: I found it and Mom says I can keep it.  (Read 26372 times)

lins_saving_grace

I found it and Mom says I can keep it.
« on: June 07, 2009, 05:51:38 am »
We went for a walk before the rain started today.  We're at the middle school where Grace spots a white spot in the grass.  Of course, we have to investigate.  Here was a toy soccor ball. I asked her if she wanted me to put it in my pocket so we could finish our walk. NO...that's ok...I got it in my mouth.  She insisted on turning around and taking the short cut home.  She was so happy that I didn't take it away from her like I do with all the other junk she brings home.  Finally, something she found that she can keep.

Offline marinafb

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
Re: I found it and Mom says I can keep it.
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2009, 06:57:00 am »
 :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Oh Grace your so lucky your mom cares for you! Love your ball marina
Freya-9 years collie shepard mix
Milo-6 years Pitt Bull
Bryce-3 years English Mastiff
Mab and Angus cool cats

Offline London_Pyr_Lover

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2009, 07:09:03 am »
Grace!  You always make me giggle!  Have fun with your find!  I love how happy she looks in that last picture, she's got a really great smile!  :D
My Sponsership page for my very first race!

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2009, 02:08:38 pm »
Thanks...she does smile, doesn't she?   she's so happy when she finds something. 
Am I the only one who's dog does this?

lookingfornewf

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2009, 03:02:36 pm »
Grace is so cute, I do love her smile. Neither of my dogs treasure hunt, but I do let Annie pick out her own toys. I just got her a bunch of 25 cent stuffed animals at a yard sale, put them all on the floor and she takes quite a while sniffing, picking up and putting down, before she decides on one. She does get very happy whenever she gets a new toy even though she destroys them all fairly quickly.

Offline DAMAGE

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • Raemi, Breccan and the late, great, Drago & Chloe
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2009, 03:25:04 am »
Many years ago I had a spaniel mix, Dax, who was a wonderful scavenger. He used to roam the neighborhood (back in those days it was still safe to do that) and bring back the most interesting things he could find. I remember deer antlers (only one side), a doll's head, a soggy teddy bear and the top half of a fishing rod. A day or two later he brought home the bottom half complete with reel. My husband was delighted with that one! He was also the one who buried his very first bone under the tissue paper in my hatbox. Ahhhhh, thanks Grace for triggering some great memories. Many happy years of treasure hunting to you!
Dana
& The George Saints
"Raemi"
"Breccan"