Author Topic: New to BPO and a new mom with a food question  (Read 5866 times)

Offline BigDogMama

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
New to BPO and a new mom with a food question
« on: June 16, 2009, 03:00:13 am »
Hi all!

My name is Carina and I am a new member and new mom to a 6 month old Great Pyr named Wicket and an 8 week old Pyr/Husky cross named Murphy.  I have a food question...Wha t kind of food recommendation s can you guys give? I don't want to feed my babies crap food!  I have heard good things about Solid Gold and Innova.  Is there anything I should avoid specifically with pyrs? All your help is greatly appreciated!
Wicket-Great Pyrenees
Murphy-Great Pyrenees/Husky
Gwilly, Goo, Boo, Mouse, and Pooter-Cool Cats
Stan-Beloved Beta Fish                        Porthos, Athos, and Aramis-Koi Fish

Offline patrick

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
    • Great Pyrenees
Re: New to BPO and a new mom with a food question
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2009, 03:27:10 am »
There are numerous dog food brands that are high quality- both that you named are good choices.  Everyone feeds a little differently but most large breed owners move their pups to adult formula between 4 and 6 months.  Foods should have minimal grain contents with wheat and corn being the two that you wish to avoid in your dog foods.  Also key to healthy development of a large breed is to KEEP THEM LEAN! during their 1st year or so of growth. This will help in preventing orthopedic disorders often associated with too rapid growth.  Fat puppies are NOT healthy puppies

Offline BigDogMama

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
Re: New to BPO and a new mom with a food question
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2009, 06:00:53 pm »
Thanks! I have started them on the Solid gold wolf cub formula and they love it!
Wicket-Great Pyrenees
Murphy-Great Pyrenees/Husky
Gwilly, Goo, Boo, Mouse, and Pooter-Cool Cats
Stan-Beloved Beta Fish                        Porthos, Athos, and Aramis-Koi Fish