Author Topic: Hi Everyone!  (Read 16907 times)

Offline Berniesmom

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
Hi Everyone!
« on: August 05, 2009, 07:01:00 am »
Yesterday we wen't and picked up Bernie. His owners had moved to a small apartment in Austin and left him with their parent's. He is such a sweetheart! He is 7years old, a St. Bernard and, like all the research about saint's I did indicated he would be, a big teddy bear. He is very underweight right now : (, probably that has to do with the fact he was living outside  :-[ . I am taking him Saturday to our vet for a thorough check up and to see if there are any other possible reasons for his being underweight. He is in otherwise good health, his hips seem to be pretty much ok, although a noticed a very very slight sway when he walks but he basically has no muscle tone on his hindquarters to I hesitate to say 'displasia' immediately. We are going to be keeping him inside, in the ac and trying to 'fatten him up'. He is our first 'big' dog. I have a sheltie(a rescue), a border collie, and an olde english bulldoge (she's pretty 'big' but nothing compared to Bernie).

Offline patrick

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
    • Great Pyrenees
Re: Hi Everyone!
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2009, 08:59:41 am »
Thanks to you for saving one of our big guys!!  Sounds like he is going to now get the home he deserves!

Offline Berniesmom

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2009, 05:51:23 pm »

Offline patrick

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
    • Great Pyrenees
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2009, 06:19:27 am »
He is a handsome fella and will look great with some weight on