Author Topic: Can you tell what else my dog is mixed with?  (Read 11860 times)

Offline Amanda80

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
Can you tell what else my dog is mixed with?
« on: August 08, 2009, 06:20:57 pm »
Hi I posted on here severl months ago when I first got my puppy Merlin is Great Pyrenees/? They said bull mastiff but we cant see any mastiff in him I would love it if yall would love to give me some more of you postive feed back thank you all once again.  Have a blessed day.

Offline stryder

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
Re: Can you tell what else my dog is mixed with?
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2009, 07:52:33 am »
Amanda,
We could use some more info.
What was his weight and age when you got him and the same now?
What are him basic personality traits?
Have you seen the parents?
Do you have any pictures of him standing and/or running.
THoM
Spay before the first heat NOT after the first litter.
Neuter before he runs away.

Offline Amanda80

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2009, 09:09:05 am »
When I got him he was 6wks and 10 lbs he is now about 4 1/2 months and 45 lbs.
I do know the mother was a pure bred Great Pyrenees and I saw her when I went to pick him out all the other puppys looked like pyrenees he was the odd ball in color.  They said they thought the father was a bull mastiff.
Well we have noticed alot of the Pyrenees in his facial features he also has the double dew claws oh his back paws.  Im not sure what alot of Pyrenees or Mastiff traits are but he seems to be very playful and he only barks if he sees something as a threat he found a snake one day and kept going back to let us know it was there.
I dont have any pictures of him standing yet he is hard to keep in one place lol but I will try to post some later today.

Offline newf_owner

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2009, 07:27:48 pm »
just by the color and ears id say a lab mix, but yeah its hard to say with out seeing the dog in person

Offline BigDogMama

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2009, 05:23:25 pm »
He looks similar to my Murphy! Murphy is a Great Pyr/Husky Mix and is currently 4 months old and weighs 40lbs.  Murph's dad was full great pyr and his mom was full husky, and he also has the double dews.  Maybe he has some husky in him? :)
Wicket-Great Pyrenees
Murphy-Great Pyrenees/Husky
Gwilly, Goo, Boo, Mouse, and Pooter-Cool Cats
Stan-Beloved Beta Fish                        Porthos, Athos, and Aramis-Koi Fish

Offline Amanda80

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2009, 08:49:18 pm »
I had not thought of that one Im thinking of getting one of those at home test to tell what he is mixed with not sure if they really work or not.

Offline newf_owner

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2009, 05:11:13 am »
 oh they do those at petco now!! (why didnt i think of that) go back to the grooming department, its 100.00 bux and i think it takes a month to get the results in but well worth it if your very curious

Offline Amanda80

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2009, 04:11:42 pm »
Wow I didnt know petco sold them I found them online for 50 dollars. takes about a month also.

Offline MeAndMyMuttz

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2009, 04:46:02 pm »
Hi,

We did a mixed breed analysis from Wisdom MX as part of thier initial study with the Vet Clinic I was working at at the time. It was done before they released the tests to the public. Here is my Abigail's results, and a picture of Abby (the little brown girl next to  our Pyr Ollie). So you can get an idea of what to expect.

Based on Abigail's behavior and appearance I believe this analysis. However, some people got bizarre results. Like a dog who looked like an apricot poodle/bichon frise mix came back as a rat terrier husky mix...

27% Australian Shepherd, 25% Rough Coated Collie
Small percentage St. Bernard, West Highland White Terrier
--the packet comes with a brief breed description of the major breeds of dog they determine your dog to be a mix of as well--
http://s147.photobucket.com/albums/r295/ladespidapoeta/?action=view&current=abigailDNA.jpg
Here's a link so you can see it full size :)

« Last Edit: August 18, 2009, 04:54:48 pm by MeAndMyMuttz »

"A dog is not "almost human," and I know of no greater insult to the canine race than to describe it as such." - John Holmes