Author Topic: Briscoe is losing his fur!!!  (Read 10120 times)

Offline Jennalyn

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
Briscoe is losing his fur!!!
« on: December 05, 2009, 12:15:57 pm »
Briscoe has been trying to eat his tail...  (he had hot spots on his back and tail)and is losing fur on it.  I've kept it clean and have been putting antiseptic on it so he's not really biting it anymore.  My big concern is, when's his fur gonna start growing back????  I hate the way his tail looks right now.

Offline arkydo

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
Re: Briscoe is losing his fur!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2010, 11:59:23 am »
when arkyd was young he had a skin condition, cleared up fast with some VET shampoo, then 2 yrs later it returned, he bit at certain patches and lost hair, we took him in, after $200 of overpriced treatment it cleared up 100% and within the month his hair was all back, and killing the vacuum once again

he lost a patch like size of a golfball on his rump, not likr all of it tho

good luck to ya doggy tho

Offline BarkleysMum

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
    • Our Picture Trail Albums
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2010, 11:30:06 am »
I was just logging in to post a similar post!  Anna Banana is losing all the fur on her back...and I mean ALL the fur!  Our vet doesn't open again until Monday when I will take her in.  She had a hot spot a few weeks ago which we treated, but the fur hasn't grown back in, and now just below it she's losing more, and its seeping a bit.  Poor thing....she's so itchy and I can see scaley stuff under the fur.  I have been trying to keep her combed out but it makes her itchier....
Sandy
Newly owned by Anna Banana, kind of owned by Sheba
and always remembering Barkley - crossed the Bridge on May 19, 2006.

Offline jackandjill

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2010, 04:35:13 pm »
Good to see you Sandy!

Most of us have moved to a new board:

www.bigbarks.c om

Drop by and see us!