Author Topic: Strange toys  (Read 3647 times)

Offline SPIKESMOMMY

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
Strange toys
« on: August 23, 2005, 12:09:03 pm »
Does anyone elses dog have any strange toys?
Spike has a big ball that squeeks and he barks at it and howls when he makes noise with it but he loves that thing.
Cronic had the skin from a stiffie bear he destuffed and carried around for like a year till we had to take it away cause it was disgustingly dirty.
My Shadow had a baby doll head that he carried everywhere and I meand everywhere to the potty in the back yard on walks. It started when he was little and he was gettin into something and I wanted to distract him for a little while and I pulled the head off of one of my little sisters baby dolls ( I was 16 she was 8) and gave it to him and from then on when one would get to nasty we would rip another one off and give it to him. You should have seen the looks on peoples faces seeing the big ol German Shepard with a baby head in his mouth. People always stared at him.
Rachael and Spike

Offline brigid67

• BPO Guru
  • Dream And Desire
    • View Profile
Re: Strange toys
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2005, 12:14:34 pm »
we just have the typivcal toys.  My male pom never learned to play with tous so he doesn't have any...Irie, my female pom only like soft squeeky toys, and Willow - well the world is one great big toy....  And I am always saying leave it!!!  no !!!

Offline Jessdryden

• Supreme Drooler
  • My girls
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2005, 09:29:43 pm »
Pretty cute stories!  I can just imagine the shepard with the doll head--hehe!  How cute that Lexi would snuggle the stuffed animals!   :)

We had an aussie mix when I was growing up--she had a semi-deflated basketball that she herded all around the house.  She was so cute!  My sister has a dog now whose favorite toy is the tail from a zebra stuffy!  She looks so silly with just the tail!   ;D 

It's funny what strange things dogs like to play with!

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2005, 09:35:35 pm »
Hmmm....we don't have any strange toys in the toy box but Bear loves everything he has so we do have lots of animal limbs in the box. That's right- limbs.....as in an ear here, leg there, empty stuffingless toys, etc.  It is hard to throw thing out and the funniest part is that he actually does play with the random ear or empty body....he is such a wierdo!
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Offline nohesnotahorse

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2005, 12:02:49 pm »
Hmmm....we don't have any strange toys in the toy box but Bear loves everything he has so we do have lots of animal limbs in the box. That's right- limbs.....as in an ear here, leg there, empty stuffingless toys, etc.  It is hard to throw thing out and the funniest part is that he actually does play with the random ear or empty body....he is such a wierdo!

That's not too weird, or if it is there's another wierdo dog out there.  Although Feste only will play keep away with toys, Chance adores his stuffed animals.. in fact he 'loves them to death'.  He has decapitated and amputated so many now that i finally had to do a round-up and toss the worst of them las week.  And yes some of his favorites were the legs off a sqeeky-duck from target  (had a stretchy middle and squeekers in all of it's appendages; 5 in all!), as well as the outer shell off a large stuffed crawfish that he de-stuffed a month ago - he carried that around like linus' blanket! 
Tom, Overwhelmed, Overrun and Overruled by Feste, Chance and Puck!
'Aide toi et Dieu t'aidera.' (God helps those who help themselves.)
'Fortes fortuna juvat.' (Fortune favors the brave.)

GR8DAME

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2005, 09:09:40 pm »
Must be a dane thing, both Mer and Stri practically mug you to get the empty soda bottles, and gallon milk jugs. Last summer I filled a soda bottle with water and froze it , cap off and let them have it outside. Good for over an hour of doggy soccer, and keep away. Messy though as the ice melted.
Stella

Offline GreatDanz

• Veteran Dog Chomper
  • Truly Great Danes!
    • View Profile
    • Mickey's Gold Bead Adventure
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2005, 11:40:18 pm »
Java is absolutely obsessed with those My Little Ponies that McDonalds was giving away earlier this year.  My hubby actually went out to e-bay to buy him more cause he loves them so much!

-Ericka

Try and penetrate with our limited means the secrets of nature and you will find that, behind all the discernible concatenations, there remains something subtle, intangible and inexplicable.  Veneration for this force beyond anything that we can comprehend is my religion. -Albert Einstein

Offline Stacey

• Grand Master
  • Tonka
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2005, 02:51:59 am »
Tonka loves stuffed animals!!   I have a really hard time teaching him which ones are his and which ones are my daughters!!  He also has a big rubber donut that squeaks and a football with ropes on each end (between him and the other 2, he usually wins tug of war)!!  I definitely have to say that his favorite is the stuffed toys though, we have had many cross over to stuffy heaven (aka the garbage can) once he starts gutting them! (I think he is trying to stop the squeaking!!)  ;D
I am kind of a big deal!