Author Topic: Arthritis & Degenerative Joint Disease  (Read 7415 times)

Offline Porsha

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
    • Pet Arthritis and Degenerative Joint Disease
Arthritis & Degenerative Joint Disease
« on: August 28, 2005, 08:44:14 am »
Liquid glucosamine Syn Flex is highly beneficial in the treatment of arthritis and other degenerative joint disease. Vet recommended, safe, effective and no dangerous side effects.  :)
« Last Edit: August 28, 2005, 08:53:59 am by jabear »

Offline Denise Delannoy

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
Re: Arthritis & Degenerative Joint Disease
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2005, 09:45:18 am »
I sit here crying as Sadee whines trying to get up. She can't get her hind legs under her. She's 8 yoa, Leonberger, 115#. This happened so rapidly. Anyway, doc thought the Lyme Disease,  may have come back? so we 1st treated with antibiotics. It didn't change anything. Doc says it's the arthritis due to the Lyme Disease. Today I brought home the Metacam and I'm scared to death to even try it with all the side effects. I gave her an aspirin this am, she looked pretty good this afternoon when I came home, so I just gave her 2 more. I will be leaving the forum and looking into the Synovi and Syn Flex b4 I start with the metacam. Thanks Porsha.

Offline Denise Delannoy

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2005, 11:13:58 am »
Porsha, I found syn flex on line. Read all the info, and they are generous with the facts, this stuff sounds terrific. Full of all of the vitamins and anti oxidants I take separately every day. I take a hand full of supplements. I bought enough for both of us :-)! I'm taking the metacam back tomorrow!   T H A N K - Y O U ............ Denise

Offline Pyr1

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2005, 12:45:08 am »
My dog's vet recommended the following products claiming that purity is the key factor.
Aritrimaxx for Dogs
Synovi MSM Tabs
SynoviG3
Anyone know anything about these products?
What is the best Glucosamine product in your opinion?
Where is the best place to get this stuff? ($85 for 120 tabs sounds expensive to me) Is it cheaper on the net?
 ???
Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.
- Groucho Marx (1890 - 1977)

Offline hmm_gfx

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2006, 02:37:10 am »
I sit here crying as Sadee whines trying to get up. She can't get her hind legs under her. She's 8 yoa, Leonberger, 115#. Today I brought home the Metacam and I'm scared to death to even try it with all the side effects. I gave her an aspirin this am, she looked pretty good this afternoon when I came home, so I just gave her 2 more. I will be leaving the forum and looking into the Synovi and Syn Flex b4 I start with the metacam. Thanks Porsha.

If the Metacam scares you, then why don't you give Tramadol a try.  It is a pain killer, very few side effects. And it's a heck of a lot cheaper than the NSAIDs.  The cheapest place to get it is Costco.  I get mine at Kroger cause they match the Costco price.

You can also use it with the Metacam and cut the Metacam dosage in half.  Problem is, Tramadol is just a pain killer, it's not an anti inflamatory.  On the K9 Nutrition group I'm on, they also suggested using Duralactin.

Helen and Cayman forever in my heart
Helen and Cayman forever in my heart

Offline Senghe

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2006, 09:56:20 am »
Wow - I didn't know you can use Tramadol on dogs! I'll keep that in mind as I take them for my back. I need about 3 a day or I literally can't move. Mind you, I must say that there's no way I can take more than that or more than one at a time, or I start feeling sick and dizzy.

Here's a lonk for it's use in pets:
http://www.marvistavet.com/html/body_tramadol.html

Offline Porsha

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2006, 11:11:46 am »
Hi Denise
I am so glad you got the Syn Flex.  Sorry I haven't been online for awhile now so I haden't had a chance to read any posts.  How is your Sadee doing since being on the Syn Flex?

I have friends in Germany that have 3 Leonberger - my friend calls her dogs the Leo Trio.  Leonbergers are a wonderful breed.  Good luck to you

Porsha :)

Offline Porsha

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2006, 11:24:26 am »
Hi
In my opinion, liquid glucosamine Syn Flex is one of the best products on the market. It offers 98% absorption, pharmaceutical quality glucosamine in liquid, a high grade condroitin derived from shark cartilage not bovine, and many other all natural anti-inflammatory ingredients. It has worked wonders for my girl and I would nothing else.

you can visit

www.synflexame rica.com/index.php?kbid=1123&img=125arth-buy1.gif

for more information

Porsha :)

Offline K9ldy00

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2006, 05:59:19 pm »
Tealk was put on tramadol, cosequin and deracoxib.
I read about the tramodol in the link posted. Does anyone have any feedback about cosequin or deracoxib?
Dog Mom to
Dozer, Tealk,Zander,Zeva, Tesla

Offline Porsha

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2006, 06:18:23 pm »
Deracoxib is a member of the class of drugs known as NSAIDs (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs), the same class as such common over-the-counter remedies as Advil (Ibuprofen), Aleve (Naproxen), Orudis (ketoprofen), and Aspirin.  The chief use for such drugs in the dog has been pain relief, usually joint pain or post-surgical pain relief.

The problem with this class of drugs has been unacceptable (even life-threatening) side effects. Problems have in the past been related to:

Stomach ulceration - even perforation and rupture of the stomach can occur. This is not only painful but life-threatening.

Platelet deactivation - platelets are the cells controlling the ability to clot blood and, as a general rule, it is preferable not to promote bleeding. We would prefer platelets to remain active and able to function should we need them.

Decreased blood supply to the kidney - this could tip a borderline patient in to kidney failure.

Tramadolis a narcotic analgesic

Cosequin is a glucosamine product in poder/tablet form and can take 4-6 weeks to see results. You may also have to increase/descrease the number of tablets/powder you give depending on the length of time a dog is taking the product.

Hope this information is helpful  :) Just be careful and keep a close watch because of the first 2 drugs.