Author Topic: Feste has some big ol paws!  (Read 6837 times)

Offline Bear

• Paw-meister
  • The Bear Cub
    • View Profile
Feste has some big ol paws!
« on: August 29, 2005, 09:22:46 am »
Just took a look at the recent paw print - Feste the Great Dane sure has some big paws! Gorgeous looking puppy!

http://www.bigpawsonly.com/index.php?action=petprofile;u=2307;p=839

Michael

Offline SwissysRock

• Veteran Dog Chomper
  • I love my SWISSY!
    • View Profile
Re: Feste has some big ol paws!
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2005, 09:27:43 am »
Wow!  :o  Those are GINORMOUS!   Welcome Feste!
Tina
:)
Riley's Momma

Offline SPIKESMOMMY

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2005, 09:33:47 am »
OMG He is a grown up version of my Spike.
oh by the way I got a dig throw away camera so should be able to post some Spike pics finally as soon as I finish the film and send it out to get a disc back. But I swear it is like looking into the futur tha is how much he looks like my baby.
Rachael and Spike

Anakalia

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2005, 11:44:59 am »
OH I know I seen that pic and my jaw dropped he's gorgeous. I love stripey doggies!  That picture is sooo cool, and yes, his paws are HUGE!! lol

Andi

Offline nohesnotahorse

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2005, 07:02:35 am »
Hey All  -   Sorry we've been out of touch for the last week,   We're in Mobile and have been dealing with our bit from Hurricane Katrina here and haven't been able to get back to the site. 
Thanks to all for the compliments to my boy.  He does have some big paws, but he is filling some big paws too, and doing well at it.  Although I think his coloring is striking and handsome, it's his personality that wins everyone over!   
He's an amazing creature, I always find it insane to see the great animals that end up in rescues.  I take him to a lot of functions that welcome dogs and he is always a hit, wherever he goes.  We went to the Petpalooza here about 2 weeks ago and had the best time.  He just soaks up the attention!

BTW - He has a tatoo in his right ear - 'M S' - Anyone know of a breeder of Brindles who uses this tatoo?
 :D  Tom - Feste's 'papa'

Tom, Overwhelmed, Overrun and Overruled by Feste, Chance and Puck!
'Aide toi et Dieu t'aidera.' (God helps those who help themselves.)
'Fortes fortuna juvat.' (Fortune favors the brave.)

Offline nohesnotahorse

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2005, 09:12:23 am »
Hey all... a few more pics... a couple are from when he 1st came home with me.  The ones in the water are off the front beach of Dauphin Island - will be a while before we can get back there!  The Black and White Great labra-Dane is Chance, his fpster-brother, whom I'm fostering for the rescue that I found Feste at.  I'm going to try to go out to the stables with him this afternoon, so may have some shots from there later...

Tom, Feste's 'papa'

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2005, 09:19:06 am »
Hi Tom, 

We are in Robertsdale, what a small world.  We have two other members from our area.   My fur-babies are Great Pyrenees, Sugar Bear and Dixie Darlin. I hope you did not have very much damage, we have been cutting up down trees.  Your boy is so good looking. Are you going to show him in the Nov. dog show in Mobile?

Lisa

Hey All  -   Sorry we've been out of touch for the last week,   We're in Mobile and have been dealing with our bit from Hurricane Katrina here and haven't been able to get back to the site. 
Thanks to all for the compliments to my boy.  He does have some big paws, but he is filling some big paws too, and doing well at it.  Although I think his coloring is striking and handsome, it's his personality that wins everyone over!   
He's an amazing creature, I always find it insane to see the great animals that end up in rescues.  I take him to a lot of functions that welcome dogs and he is always a hit, wherever he goes.  We went to the Petpalooza here about 2 weeks ago and had the best time.  He just soaks up the attention!

BTW - He has a tatoo in his right ear - 'M S' - Anyone know of a breeder of Brindles who uses this tatoo?
 :D  Tom - Feste's 'papa'

Lisa, owned by the following:
Sugar Bear - Great Pyrenees 4.5 yr.
Dixie Darlin - Great Pyrenees 4 yr.
Penny Lane - Great Pyrenees 2.5 yr.
Beauman - Great Pyrenees 14 months
Izzy - Great Pyrenees 14 month
Rosie - Great Pyrenees (at the bridge)

Offline nohesnotahorse

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2005, 09:25:24 am »
Lol... still learning to use this site.... I'll try to get some more up there.  BTW - your girl is gorgeous... I've never seen coloring like that!  :)

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2005, 09:33:04 am »
What great photos of a beautiful dog!  Hope everything is settling down for you there!

Offline nohesnotahorse

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2005, 09:43:17 am »
Yes, thankfully things are doing better now.  Have the power back on (the boys are much happier now that they have their a/c back!).  We got hit fairly hard, but are gratefully much better off than our neighbors to the west. 
Well back to work cleaning up.  (me working and the boys supervising   ;D ).

Offline nohesnotahorse

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2005, 09:50:53 am »
Hey there, Lisa... great to know we have neighbors in the area.  Hope things are o.k. over there now.  I haven't been able to get over that direction.  Probably wouldn't put Feste in the show... we are still working on his training.  For such sweet compliant dogs, Danes can be a pain to train when their stubborn streak comes up.  He's coming along... surely, but slowly... LOL.  But I look forward to seeing your beauties there!

Tom, Feste's 'papa'

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2005, 11:09:55 am »
I know what you mean Pyrs are know to have a mind of there own.  You say come they go the other way.  They are very good with down/stay they will do that one for hours.  I look forward to seeing lots of photos of your fur-baby. 

Lisa
Hey there, Lisa... great to know we have neighbors in the area.  Hope things are o.k. over there now.  I haven't been able to get over that direction.  Probably wouldn't put Feste in the show... we are still working on his training.  For such sweet compliant dogs, Danes can be a pain to train when their stubborn streak comes up.  He's coming along... surely, but slowly... LOL.  But I look forward to seeing your beauties there!

Tom, Feste's 'papa'
Lisa, owned by the following:
Sugar Bear - Great Pyrenees 4.5 yr.
Dixie Darlin - Great Pyrenees 4 yr.
Penny Lane - Great Pyrenees 2.5 yr.
Beauman - Great Pyrenees 14 months
Izzy - Great Pyrenees 14 month
Rosie - Great Pyrenees (at the bridge)

Offline brigid67

• BPO Guru
  • Dream And Desire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2005, 12:02:26 pm »
Awwww he is cute and such a big boy.  I am glad you are recovering from Katrina.

Offline nohesnotahorse

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2005, 10:01:26 pm »
It's awsome meeting other 'big paws' people.  That's one of the (many) reasons I enjoy things like the petpalooza.  When I walk the boys it's almost like being in a parade and some people look with pity and fear mixed, like you are either just completely loony or somewhat dangerous for having 'mini horses' (you have a small house in **town**???!?!??!?)  lol.  So it's great when I can take them someplace where I don't get so much of that lol. 
Of course Feste just hates getting out in public and being fawned over and meeting new doggie friends of all sizes.  Thanks for turning me onto this site, I have been enjoying it greatly! 
I haven't been able to be on much with everything of late, but I can see there's a great deal of info and cameraderie on this site.
Tom, Feste's 'papa'

Offline PupDaddy

• Paw-meister
  • Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2005, 11:51:10 pm »
Just took a look at the recent paw print - Feste the Great Dane sure has some big paws! Gorgeous looking puppy!

http://www.bigpawsonly.com/index.php?action=petprofile;u=2307;p=839

Michael
I just figured you out Micheal! You've got a foot fetish!
Big Paws Only!
"Feste the Great Dane sure has some big paws!"
I'll go back and look at all your other posts and see what all they reveil!