Author Topic: How much a Saint Bernard puppy should weigh?  (Read 68657 times)

Offline tonyc

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
Re: How much a Saint Bernard puppy should weigh?
« Reply #30 on: November 15, 2005, 02:28:59 am »
doghealer: heh... welp.. when i GOT nikki, the PO said she was 90 lbs... then i went to the vet, and she scaled at only 70 and i was like..  ???

and now, 2 months later, she gained 5 lbs to 75.. so yah.. i LIED on PawPrints   ;)

tho, reading this thread... i must say: HOORAY for Costco food dog! it's da b0mb! (and cheap bombs at that)

Offline waffles717

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 15, 2005, 09:03:52 am »
Good for u,as long as u love your dog who care;s what it weigh's and it is Heathy too!! that is most important!!!And her parent;s might be on the small side to begin with,!! Saint Bernard's do not Become of Full Age Till 2 to # 3 Year's of Age Just to let you know!!!, they are of the large Breed. But can be small on the Scale to she was more likley the Runte of the litter,Did u You ask your Breeder? She will have a Slower  Growth But in Time She might Get to 85 pound's!!! But if you really want this in your Dog u need to tell me what u are feeding her!? I Could help She needs Carbs in her diet!!! please email me waffles717@yahoo.com i will help u o.k. but u need to start soon! or your she will stay at that weight!! this will be no good!!! m,l,!!!
This Beethoven, he went to vet yesterday, he is 36 pound and only 9 weeks old!

Offline HillSide Saints

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
    • HillSide Saint Bernards
« Reply #32 on: November 17, 2005, 01:22:56 am »
I currently have an 8 wk old pup that weighs 20 lbs.  My 7 month old babies (Deacon and miracle) weigh over 100 lbs (Deacon weighs 120 lbs)
In looking back at my records of my last litter...at 13 wks..my smallest puppy weighed just under 40 lbs....
That does not mean that your puppy should weigh that much...it will depend on several things.  There are alot of variables that come into play...ie: pedigree, birth weight, health problems...etc .
As long as she is healthy and is eating well, then I would guess that she is right on target for "her".   
Best of luck with your new puppy!!!
Trish 
David & Tricia White
HillSide Saint Bernards

Offline waffles717

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 17, 2005, 08:29:06 am »
Hi trish I feel the same way,maggie has just 11 mos,and she is 115,she is a baby but peaple don't understand,there Growth is almost,three year's so what is the Rush!!Our Molly is just 5mos,is 75,pounds she is going to be very Big,due to her parent's!200 250.we know it we our Breeding her she is my Sweaty Pie!!love marylee!!!

Offline waffles717

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 17, 2005, 08:44:06 am »
 Trish,i just came back to me molly came in at 28 pound's she and maggie are from S,D,we went out there,and picked, then out of a litter,we are moving up state with them soon,we a lot of land there! will post my pic for u!m,l,

Offline waffles717

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
Re: This we Be My front Yard SOON!! Wait till Flower's come!!!!
« Reply #35 on: November 17, 2005, 09:46:37 am »
:D :o it so pretty there we can't wait till move we have 6 acre's of ,Land unstate n,y, my girls can't wait till they wake up to hear moooooooooo!!!!m,l.! ;D