Author Topic: What is the different about dog growling????  (Read 20255 times)

Offline moonlitcroatia

• BPO Guru
  • Betti Boo March 2008
    • View Profile
    • Greta's Page
Re: What is the different about dog growling????
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2005, 07:43:40 pm »
It is a very good idea to read a book on Dog language.  I recommend "How to speak dog" by Stanley Coren, very very good.  After all it is up to us to learn their language cause we all know that they do not have the capability to learn ours.  I would think that all dog owners would want to learn about their language so we can better live together and understand each other.

I remember reading that book.  It was a good one.

I really liked The Lost History of the Canine Race by Mary Elizabeth Thurston.  I learned some eye-opening facts about history along the way...the kind of information they don't teach us in the traditional American school system.
I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love.  For me they are the role model for being alive.  ~Gilda Radner

Offline LoveMyLulu

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2007, 05:34:52 pm »
My berner growls when we play games like "give it to me" (chase and retrieve)but I have never heard her growl apart from then...

Offline Sillygoose

• Top Doggie Dog
  • I love my dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2007, 10:18:57 pm »
It is a very good idea to read a book on Dog language.  I recommend "How to speak dog" by Stanley Coren, very very good.  After all it is up to us to learn their language cause we all know that they do not have the capability to learn ours.  I would think that all dog owners would want to learn about their language so we can better live together and understand each other.

I've had that book on my shelf for 2 years now. I guess I should take it down wipe off the dust and read it.